Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BadgerBeetle
Beginner November 2012

Don't tell the Bride - Mike and Becky

BadgerBeetle, 30 of October of 2012 at 21:32 Posted on Planning 0 27

Is anyone else seriously annoyed by this couple or is it just me?!

27 replies

Latest activity by Hollies, 2 of November of 2012 at 08:08
  • BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

This is actually one of the only ones I've caught this series. She just seems to fake?! All her facial expressions are false. Eurghghgh.

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Also, pay attention to how her family look at her. It's like you can *see* them dying inside.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Love the dress though. Not for me, but she wanted butterflies and girly, and as I've said before, anything that isn't just white/ivory satin tends to get my vote!

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

See, I didn't like the dress either. But she's obviously dictated to him beforehand what she wanted - no way he'd have designed that on his own. xx

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

If she says 'couture' once more I may have to hunt her down.

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

The hair ?

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

OK I'll edit what I said - I like the dress on her, with normal loose romantic hair. NOT when she's dressed up as some sort of gothic cartoon character. Seems like a manga type outfit. Another show seeming to make a mockery of it all.

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Completely agree! No way she wanted girly and then be happy with that hair?!?! The dress is lovely, but to me it's more of a prom dress than a wedding dress. xx

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone actually think the guy in Joker makeup was a real registrar? Or is this another case of a show for the cameras then having to make it legal later?

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

WTF!

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content

I've had to switch it off - a DTTB first for me! Just couldn't stand to watch anymore.

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

I was actually wondering the same thing about the registrar - it seemed a very short service for him to be real. And, if he was real, it makes a mockery of the legality, as far as I'm concerned.

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    staranise ·
    • Hide content

I loved the dress but I agree, I think she designed it and told him to pass it off as his! I'm relatively new to DTTB (perhaps seen 4 - 5 episodes) but I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe! In fact I would go as far as to say that I think some of the couples have staged some of the drama by pretending they want completely different things, just so they can get their wedding paid for and who can blame them Smiley winking TBH, since getting engaged a few weeks ago, I have watched quite a few wedding programmes (never bothered b4) and it seems to me they are all more concerned about creating drama and arguments, than about the actual weddings!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Don't really know what to say about that one...

I am so pleased that they co-ordinated a wrist guard to match her dress ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I thought the dress was amazing and hair was awesome too!

ETA Which surprises me as i HATE butterflies!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

... i liked it. ^^; and yeah, i do find it hard to believe they didn't plan it. honestly my own mum has joked we should do that due to how fictitious some of the shows are but this was their 'thing', they loved it and if the tv execs wanna pick up the tab for more eyeballs, let them.

• skyblue
    Beginner July 2013
    skyblue ·
    • Hide content

Ok I know Becky from when I wrestled and I can tell you that, that accent she used was totally fake! You can notice her 'slip' a couple of times, where her voice changes to her real one.

You're right about annoying, she's very much the kind of girl that thinks she's a celebrity just because she wrestles in half empty sports halls. Unfortunately her appearance on 'don't tell the bride' has (from the comments on her facebook page) made her worse!! My experience of her was horrible, she looks down her nose at pretty much everyone and if she's not doing that she's throwing filthy looks instead. she's a very stuck up girl, that swans around like she's a diva. She thinks she's a 'high end fashionista' but ironically judging from the fake McQueen clutch she took to her hen do she wouldn't know couture if it slapped her in the face!

What made me sad was when Mike was with his 'friend' in the first venue and the lady asked if they were both wrestlers, Mike then said 'yeah though I'm the only one who looks like a wrestler!' The look on his mates face said it all and having alot of experience backstage I know that this is totally typical. There are no 'friends' in the wrestling buisness, people you think you've been mates with for years will stab you in the back in a second if it benefits them.

Well anyway your right about the 'registrar', the marriage wasn't legal at that point. He's a burlesque host and i think referees for the wrestling company that Mike works for- http://www.facebook.com/benjamin.louche

The dress was ok and the hair looked like Marie Antoinette had been dragged through a hedge backwards! I liked the venue but £4,000? Seriously? The wedding was definately not my cup of tea but then again knowing wrestlers the whole thing was probably concocted to promote the company they work for, I do hope not as that would be a total mockery of marriage, then again thats whether they actually got married for real at all.

• MillieM00
    Beginner March 2014
    MillieM00 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't watched the last two episodes now of DTTB- it has all just become so sensationalist. I was watching old episodes on Really at the weekend and the difference between then and now is unbelievable.

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

I'm only just watching this now on SKy+ - I now find myself doing other stuff while watching - it used to be my absolute guilty pleasure where NO-ONE was to disturb me haha! I've just washed up in a room with no TV while "watching" too.

I'm all for people using their individual style and making it their day but it's not my taste at all...I think she looks fab for a fancy dress party though!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha. I am not surprised about all this especially as it appeared she had no friends as none were shown, not even for her 'hen do'. I pre-recorded it + only watched it last night. I fast forwarded some parts about her + actually had to mute her at some ooints because she grated on me.

• EAC13
    Beginner June 2013
    EAC13 ·
    • Hide content

What has really annoyed me about this series is there being no "normal" wedding. They're all too extreme. It seems the producers are trying to get out of the ordinary weddings to keep viewings up but really, whilst it's good to see these different weddings at times, it's nice to see a girl get exactly what she wants and watch a nice, well thought out wedding where the groom really has made it as special as can be for her!

• MrsWatsonToBe
    Beginner November 2015
    MrsWatsonToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my god i know what you mean. "its COUTURE" "you're dragging COUTURE" "i can't believe i'm wearing COUTURE"

so frustrating!!! ?

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Obviously I don't know them so I have no idea of their relationship/marriage but I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to do it on tv was to help promote the wrestling company. I get the impression that wrestling companies in the UK don't make any money.

• skyblue
    Beginner July 2013
    skyblue ·
    • Hide content

They don't make alot of money no, by the time the promoters have paid for the venue, insurance and if the wrestlers are lucky enough to get their fee (which is anything up £40 each depending on experience) there's not alot left, mostly they just break even. Wrestlers buy their own costumes, steroids, gym membership, boots, tanning products and all have normal day jobs, in fact I don't know one UK wrestler who wrestles soley as a career.

Thats part of the reason I got out, I'm unwilling to break my back every weekend for a tenner, my ex boyfriend at the age of 27 had his knees tested and were likened to that of a 75 year old man. Women are treated like whores backstage, 'half time eye candy' as it was once put to me and they do some pretty unsavoury things to stay in favour or just do it because they love the attention.

Anyway I have gone massively off topic! There is some more information on Mike's experience of Don't tell the bride in an interview with Rock and Roll bride magazine.

http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2012/10/dont-tell-the-bride-the-real-story-aka-mike-beckys-mexican-wrestling-wedding/

• Hollies
    Beginner December 2018
    Hollies ·
    • Hide content

I watched this last night and found them really irritating. The whole thing seemed fake to me.

After looking at the link skyblue provided I discovered they have a facebook page as a married couple for....i don't know...self promotion of some kind! Odd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics