Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsToffee
Expert April 2015

Doubting Everything!

MrsToffee, 26 of August of 2014 at 22:52 Posted on Planning 0 8

I thought I was happy with all our decisions but now I'm starting to doubt everything so don't need answers, just need to get it all out.

Dress- wish I'd tried on more with bigger skirts

Venue- I love our venue but it doesn't match our colour scheme (and I'm not changing that because it's my favourite colour), also I think maybe other venues might have had better deals to allow us to spend more on drinks for guests

Photographer- I did love our photographer but having seen some on here I'm having second thoughts about certain shots she *always* seems to do

So basically all the 'big' stuff is stuff I'm doubting, I'm happy with the little details but can't get excited about the big stuff at the minute ☹️

8 replies

Latest activity by MrsToffee, 28 of August of 2014 at 00:26
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Completely normal!

Regarding your dress, is it one that could have an underskirt you could try with it?

It will only be your colour scheme you notice on the day. I've seen venues with bright carpet but once dressed, you don't notice that at all.

Could your Photographer just be posting similar types of shots because she likes that set up? You could always ask to see a whole gallery to settle your nerves?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

You're just having a wobble! I'm sure when you get to try your dress again you'll love it. My venue doesn't match my colours either, doesn't matter! That's why you add everything in. Photographer, mine does the ring finger photo that I hate, but everything else is good, so I can let her off :-) have a day off weddings, and then go back and look at all the things you love

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I couldn't agree more, I've changed my reception venue already, and now I'm having a wobble over catering. I wish I had booked it all with only a few months to go so I didn't have chance to second guess. I'm sure all will come together Smiley smile xx

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Wobbles are the worst! I've been full if them!

maybe those shots are what she's most asked for which is why she shows them? If that makes sense,

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

It's totally natural, I'm feeling exactly the same at the moment. We're having a candlelit ceremony at 6pm in winter and then a hot buffet and straight into the dancing. I keep wondering whether we're missing out by not having a full day, and whether I'll regret not having photos outside in the daylight. You just need to remember that you made the decisions for a reason. I'm sure on the say you won't care about the venue not matching the colour scheme, mine has cream walls and a red carpet and our colour scheme is aubergine! As for the photographer, if you don't like certain shots tell her and I'm sure she'll understand and not do them.

Try to stop worrying and enjoy the rest of your planning :-)

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

As the others have said, wobbles are perfectly natural and its amazing how we start to worry about the silliest little details!

You will not notice that the venue decor doesn't match on the day.

You didn't try on bigger skirts because you fell in love with your dress so let it go and do NOT be tempted to go and try them on.

Talk to your tog and make sure she notes down what shots you like and what you don't.

Then give yourself a good talking to and remind yourself why you chose your venue, your dress and your tog - you had reasons for making those choices ?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always do some same shots when lighting and other conditions are right and brides see them and ask for that shot to be done at their wedding. But I always ask if there is anything they have seen that I have done that they DON'T like, I'm not offended in anyway. If you just said to your photographer that you are not that keen on x,y or z and im sure that they wouldn't mind either.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What Bill said above ^^^^^^^ Always tell your photographer the photos you do and don't like, they need to know.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all; with regards to the dress I did go and try it on with an underskirt and I still love it but just wish I'd taken the chance of dress shopping to try on ALL the dresses lol!

Thank you to professional togs; I've had another look on our togs website and have seen some that show more of the type of pics I prefer, so will definitely bring that up when we meet with them.

And with the venue I think I just need to get over it lol, I've seen our colour scheme at the venue and it looks fine so I really don't know why I'm worried!

Will definitely have some days off the wedding soon when I go back to school on Monday ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics