Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious September 2023 West Sussex

Doubts about the venue, anyone else?

Victoria, 3 of August of 2021 at 22:45 Posted on Planning 0 3

So today I finally told Paul that I was having doubts about the venue. It's a nice location but it just seems to be lacking something. I really wanted to get married outside (if the weather permitted!) and Frimley just doesn't offer that yet. Now I am torn, do we try and cancel and see how much it will cost or do I just suck it up and admit that the day shouldn't be about the venue but us.

3 replies

Latest activity by Victoria, 4 of August of 2021 at 11:33
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Have you seen another venue you would prefer ? I’ve had to compromise on the same thing as our venue doesn’t have an outdoor wedding licence. My fiancé said to me it’s perfect apart from that and there’s no guarantees we could have it outside anyway due to weather.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Online ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget that new "temporary" measures have just been introduced that now allow any venue that has already got an indoor licence to be able to also hold weddings outside.

They still I believe may have to apply for one but they no longer need the usual outside requirements with the main one being a permanent structure with a roof, no sides needed and only needed to be big enough for the registrars and your self's / witnesses. Like the below picture for example. Maybe have a word with your venue as now it should be easy to add outside accreditation for them.

Doubts about the venue, anyone else? 1

• Victoria
    Curious September 2023 West Sussex
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I wanted a rustic and woodland type ceremony and we have chosen a hotel. The grounds are nice but no outdoor licence and as we are getting married in 2023 I'm not sure what to do. We are getting a fantastic deal with pretty much everything included.

Still so unsure.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics