Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoomo13
Beginner August 2015

doubts about venue?

Zoomo13, 12 June, 2012 at 14:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

My OH has now said that he is having second thoughts about our venue. What the hell do i do???

1 - its within budget

2- it has character

3 - we can get married outside weather permitting

4- venue has changed menu to suit us for no extra cost

i have tried to reassure him that people will travel to the venue, its about 45 mins away from our home but its a hotel near a train station/bus runs there and its a hotel so guests can stay overnight etc.

did anyone else have 2nd thoughts about their venue at any time after they booked it?

3 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 12 June, 2012 at 14:46
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

What are his specific concerns?

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

He reckons people wont travel to the venue especially those that will only be invited to the evening and also he is worried that it is not special enough

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Now this, I think, IS worth addressing. If it's not the place he envisages getting married, that's important and I'd be talking this through. However, if he simply doesn't understand what can be done with decorations/flowers, you need to have some time showing him ideas! Even the plainest of venues can be shizzled up beyond recognition.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Footlong speaks the truth.

We had evening guests who travelled over 150 miles and I love that they did. We started the evening do at 6pm to make it more worth the drive.

With regards to the venue, I had a similar experience. I thought I'd found somewhere but when I showed it to H he said it wasn't special enough. When he said that I realised I was compromising too without really realising it so we carried on the search and found our perfect venue.

I'm not saying this venue isn't right but I think you need to discuss what it is about it that he doesn't think is special enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics