Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nanny plum
Beginner September 2011

Down the isle and first dance music

nanny plum, 22 September, 2010 at 12:21 Posted on Planning 0 15

I am sure it has been asked loads but what are everyones choices? I was thinking....

Pachelbel's canon in d major down the isle and Moloko ,The time is now for the first dance....both songs mean a lot,i first heard Pachelbels when it was the music for a television programme about 20 years ago about a girl called Connie who had been knocked down a was learning to do everything again (not that anyone will remember that) . It always makes me cry though. The Moloko tune was on repeat in my husband to be's flat on the night we met,so is "our song". However it might be a bit too much for him as he hates to dance,perhaps i should pick something slower.
What are your choices?

15 replies

Latest activity by lizziewoo, 22 September, 2010 at 19:27
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We're breaking tradition for ours ?

Me, the ushers and best man are having an entrance to "Everybody needs somebody (to love)" from the Blues Brothers - complete with hats and glasses, with a little dance routine at the front ending up in throwing our hats to one side and putting glasses in our jacket pockets before taking our places. Why should the bride get all the glory???

The bride's entrance... well she won't tell me what she's planning although she knows mine!

For reception, we're planning a barn dance so our first dance will be a simple dance for two, we'll then do a proper dance with a set of 8 using us, my parents, her parents, chief bridesmaid and best man (they don't know about this yet...) and then open the floor up to the evening for general barn dancing.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Pachebels is also my walk down the idle song and first song is amazed by lonestar..i think your right about it perhaps being too fast...but you can have two first dances, one slow followed by moloko when everyone joins in, he wont feel so pressured to dance then??

• hubbs91
    Beginner October 2010
    hubbs91 ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids

Glee version of somewhere over the rainbow.

Bride

Acostic version of Stronger than steel by Dan Reed Network mixed with Ben Folds - The Luckiest

First Dance

Feels like home by Someone I can not spell! Christen Kyzenhairyback

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Love the Pachelbel's canon so romantic. I am not familiar with the Moloko track but we are having Strawberry Swing by Coldplay for our first dance. Apart from the fact we both love coldplay and have had the best times going to see them live, the lyrics are lovely also; and hopefully because it's fairly lively we won't be guilty of doing a bear hug shuffle on the dance floor - I hope!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Love it ajdown!. Over the rainbow is an amazing song hubbs 91. Gonna google the coldplay one in a minute. I think you are right flowmojo,perhaps moloko is best for when he has a bit more alcohol in his system lol. Any suggestions are welcome.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Lol - yeh, make sure plenty of beer in him beofre he busts some moves out!!

snow patrol - run was a high contender, as was kc and jojo - all my life!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Timewarp, anyone...?

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

ajdown ? Wow, sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

He would have to be really really drunk to do the timewarp ajdown. Like both of those flowmojo,i am googling stevie wonder..sunshine of my life....or perhaps isn't she lovely..lol..

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the plan... put our own stamp on it in some way... we both have two left feet so we're a right pair between us, but something simple should do.

I was thinking perhaps a Madness type walk, all in a line, but not sure we're all coordinated enough to pull that off - and not sure how it would fit with the Blues Brothers theme anyway...

Have downloaded a karaoke instrumental version which I'm hoping to be able to blend together with the 'proper' song and cut out the "welcome to all members of the Illinois national guard" speech at the start, but dub over different words based on the location. Not my greatest skill but I have a year to perfect it.

Planning on getting it all videoed anyway so hope to be able to Youtube the highlights - video editing I can do Smiley smile

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Ajdown, well make sure you post a link after the big day, would really love to see. Good luck with the dubbing - fingers crossed for you.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

It's September 2011 so I expect you'll have all forgotten by then - but I'll do my best to post everything!

• rebecca2286
    Beginner April 2011
    rebecca2286 ·
    • Hide content

I want to have Run by Leona Lewis in there somewhere as it was played at my Nans funeral and means so much to all of my family. I'd like it to be happy as well as sad. My family chose it as my Nan and Grandad were the most happily married people I have ever known. I think it would be quite apt to have it in romantic terms, and whereever my Nan is, I'm sure she'd like it!

We're having Michael Buble everything as our first dance, and one of the register signing songs is going to be Adele Make you feel my love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng

Think I want the traditional up and down the aisle ones!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I am also having Pachelbel's canon to walk down the aisle. I'm quite nervous about this though as I, like you, know it is going to make me cry on the day and I REALLY don't want to!!!! But it's a beautiful piece of music, and I've always wanted to use it.

• PianoDJ.co.uk
    PianoDJ.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I play the piano for lots of wedding ceremonies and it is often the case that B2Bs need a helping hand to make their choices.

So, I set up a FREE site for B2Bs to use to help them choose their ceremony music. It has loads of recordings and suggestions and you might just find the music that you are looking for. I have also marked the pieces that have been approved for civil wedding ceremonies by the Essex registry office.

This guide is by no means finished and if you can think of any other songs/pieces that you think I should have recordings of, then please just let me know and I will ask one of our pianists to make a quick sample recording.

James

P.S. here is the link to the guide - I almost forgot to include it!!! http://www.WeddingMusicTips.co.uk

• lizziewoo
    Beginner
    lizziewoo ·
    • Hide content

Don't know about walking down the isle, I had the perfect song but I've since forgot ☹️ but first dance is you've got the love, florence and the machine (I like that it's abit upbeat but h2b has 2 left feet) and then afterwards toothpaste kisses by the maccabees and will ask couples to join us on the dancefloor.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics