Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsKHbutterfly
Rockstar September 2014

Downloading Wedding music - Tom Odell Help

MrsKHbutterfly, 27 of June of 2014 at 22:53 Posted on Planning 0 62

Hi Lovelies,

I've noticed in a few posts that a few of you are having Tom Odell's Grow old with me as part of your music. We are also thinking of having this.... but..... I can't find a clean version!!?!?! Can any of you help with where you got it from? lol

Thanks

xxxxx

62 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 17 of June of 2024 at 08:32
  • C
    Beginner October 2014
    corr1ne ·
    • Hide content

ITunes have some versions marked explicit and some that are not. Have you tried there?

Lil x

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Thanks corr1ne, I downloaded one that didn't have explicit next to it, but there's still a line that's a bit dodgy, and I know when he sang it on Chris Evans breakfast show he changed that line, but I can't find that version to download :-/ I will keep looking, if not I might chance it and see if the registrar passes it anyway xx

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

I think it is quite clean yeah, it's like a radio studio version - although the only place I've seen it is on YouTube, is that still possible?! It would be amazing if it was! I wouldn't even have a clue where to start :-/

thank you though xx

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much inkeddoll!!!

i get what you mean mrsbw, it's less what my guests will think - well apart from the 3 teenagers that will be there :-/ and more if the registrar will pass it?! I have no idea if they have that kind of restrictions or not. Not sure of any rules other than non religious songs :-/

xxxx

• MrsDJG
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsDJG ·
    • Hide content

I love is song, thought about it a first dance option for us, but I think it is just a little too fast in places, if you know what I mean. X

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Awwww thank you so much even more for doing it for me now I know you hate him!!!

Live just pm'd you and I will keep my eye out for any future posts from you in case you need help with anything!!! What a star!!! :-) xx

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

I think you should!! :-D xx

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I quite like that song :] just had a quick listen to it on you tube!

• A
    Beginner
    Amy7553 ·
    • Hide content

I have been searching for a clean version for weeks. Do you still have it?! We really like this song but think the original version might be too much for the grandparents!! Wish I was clever enough to edit videos - wouldn't have a clue where to start! I'd be extremely grateful if you didn't mind sending it to me and hope that nobody else minds or thinks we're stealing ideas! Xx

• D
    Beginner January 1998
    devonwedding ·
    • Hide content

Do you still have clean version of the Tom Odell song, would love to have it for signing the register but a bit worried some of our relatives might be offended. thank you x

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping for this for our register signing too.

I know this is an "old" thread, but there will still be people with the same concerns so I thought I'd throw in my two pennorth!

We met our registrar yesterday....she spoke about the music and whilst she mentioned that it should not be anything that contained religious content, or be "unsuitable", she did not state that there were any themes or words that were off limits. Neither did she ask to hear/see the lyrics - just to let the venue have the music in the format (CD/MP3) that they require.

As for relatives picking up on that line - I am guessing that any grandparents/children etc will be so caught up in the emotion of your day, oohing and aahing over how lovely everyone looks, and the signing of the register etc that they won't be listening to every word in the song - they will just hear that it is a lovely song, and they will hear the words "grow old with me" and think it is perfect for the occasion. Be honest, how many songs do you hear all the words to. how many songs do you la la a bit to because you are not quite sure, even though you've heard them a number of times? Chances are, that if they DO know the words enough to pick them out, then they have been singing along to the radio for weeks and are reciting the "unsuitable" words themselves, or are making up their own version as they go along!

Inked Doll - you are a star doing all this. I'm lucky in that my H2B loves faffing around with the editing suite, but personally I wouldn't know where to start!!

• D
    Beginner January 1998
    devonwedding ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much really really appreciated.... x

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBlueConfetti223 ·
    • Hide content

Inkdoll do u still have a copy of your edited version of tom odell? We are getting married on sat and would love a non explicit version of this song!!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBlueConfetti223 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much have emailed you! :-)

• E
    Beginner January 1998
    ellabella111 ·
    • Hide content

Like all the others above I have been trying to find a "clean" version of this song, InkedDoll could I jump on the bandwagon and get a copy? Cheers!

• C
    Beginner December 2015
    cat28111 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Sorry to be really cheeky but I am also in love with this song and we want it for our wedding but again find it a bit offensive. Is there any chance you could send me that clean version? It's **************@*******.***. We would be so so very grateful.

Thank you

Cat

• R
    Beginner July 2015
    RomanticPurpleStationery276 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to find a clean version of Tom Odell Grow old with me? It would be prefer for us but just can't find a copy to download anywhere! Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks

Lucy

• D
    Beginner August 2015
    Debzido ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I really hope you don't mind me contacting you about this but I have been searching the Internet high and low for a clean version of Tom Odell grow old with me and just can't find one to download. I got my dad to listen to the song as it is and he said its a big no no to have it with that line in for mine and my fiancé's first dance at our wedding but my hubby to be just won't shift on it haha. Sooo, could I be a major pest and please ask you to send me the clean version you have edited? Thanks xxx

• A
    Beginner May 2015
    AJ84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi InkedDoll, I've tried to send you a PM but not sure if it worked. I'm wondering if you still have The clean version no if it's possible for you to send it to me? Many thanks, AJ

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys, if anyone is still after the version that inkedoll edited for me drop me a pm and I'll send it over :-)

xx

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

? hello stranger!

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    sam_1988 ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone please have a copy of the clean version of Tom Odell - Grow old with me? I'd be extremely grateful!

Many thanks!! X

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pinhead23 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

does anyone happen to have the clean version of tom Odell "grow old with me" they could send me pleasey?

Thanks im advance! X

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pinhead23 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much! Have messaged you Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner July 2016
    Jessie29 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Please would you be able to send it to me too? ? we have finally settled on a first dance song but my other half still cringes at that line!

Thanks!

• S
    Beginner January 1999
    SunnyBrownDecor401 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, do you still have a clean version of the tom odell song grow old with me?

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm cheeky enough to tag on and ask if I could have it too please. X

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys, I still have this and will share with pleasure, send me a pm with your email address and I'll wing it over :-) xx

• G
    GBphoto ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I've just sent you a message. Would be so grateful if you could send me a copy. THANKS! Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner October 2015
    Jobieone ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've followed this thread on the forum, and having searched for a clean version, I hope you someone can help me!

If anyone still has a clean version, I would be grateful if I could have a copy?

Many thanks for your help!

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    MrsKTB ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

im in love with this song but would also like a "clean" version if anyone has this?

thank you x

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys I will send the clean version to anyone who needs it, if you send me a pm I'll pop it over

I don't log on here very often anymore so if anyone else reads this in future and wants it just email me and I'll be happy to help, otherwise I can't guarantee I'll see your message xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics