Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner

Downsizing and moving our wedding forward...........Help

itsawaitinggame, 30 of June of 2017 at 10:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

So my FI and I booked our wedding for next Oct, at first I was happy and now it seems to have gotten to the point where I am dreading getting married. So my thought process is:

Can we move the wedding forward to this year ...4 months away? October/Nov time and downsize our guest list/invites. My OH has already sent a lot of STD to his friends but these are people he's not seen in years ( since we've been together). Our venue is okay with the change of date which is AMAZING

So my question is am i being selfish moving this forward and downsizing, i hate attention and i feel now the whole reason i wanted to get married has been lost. I think waiting 500 days to get married is so long away its making me dread it even more.

I feel more excited about the prospect of a small wedding but sooner - thoughts ? anyone ever changed plans this dramatically?

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBrownCakes683, 1 of July of 2017 at 13:58
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be short and sweet, it's your day do what makes you happy!

You don't want to spend the next year dreading your wedding, that's not how it should be. People will understand (I hope otherwise ditch them!). The only thing I will say is that people may think it's being moved for a different reason, so be prepared for questions.

xx

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Do what you need to do, it's your wedding, organise a day you'll enjoy not one you'll fear. x

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Have you talked to your OH about this?

If he's happy with the change then by all means, do what makes you happy -but remember it's his day too.

If you talk it out you'll know if you're doing the right thing or not.

As said above, just be prepared for questions -e.g. is it shotgun wedding and other crazy stuff like that

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RomanticBrownCakes683 ·
    • Hide content

So, normally when a STD is sent out you really should honour the STD and follow up with an invite, if you have sent the STD you should follow this up with a notification that the wedding of X and X will not go ahead as planned, Then do the smaller wedding this year - on a practical note however, can you afford it? Can you change your suppliers? Have you a dress?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics