Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bobbins30
Beginner November 2010

Dragonfly cake topper

Bobbins30, 25 of September of 2010 at 21:09 Posted on Planning 0 9

Does anyone know where I can get a dragonfly cake topper from? Have tried googling and ebay and cant find anything that I like or that is from a UK bsed company - they all seem to be US

9 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 26 of September of 2010 at 09:19
  • Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Looking for a metal one, our colour is purple with a little bit of sparkle x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I could help you out if you wanted a handcrafted one made with wire and crystals/pearls. These are wands but the same idea can be for a cake topper. I actually make cake toppers for a local cake designer so I don't tend to put them on my website as I sell exclusively to the shop normally but I do them for people that ask and have made them for a few hitchers, RaeF being the recent wedding.

and these other ideas in terms of the wiring

You know where I am if you want to ask anything. x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

So many choices! I was looking for something like this:

but to also incorporate dragonflies on the wires somehow along with some beading. Def after something that 'sprays' over the cake (now I just have visions of a massive cat spraying my cake, but I can't describe it any other way!)

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

That is definitely something I can make and I can create dragonflies from Swarovski Crystals no problem and include them into the spray design. This is a much simpler version I do for the shop (I do a few for them) but this is for a specific cake design to echo the drips of the icing. This is just to show you previous work so it's not as full as the design you like but the method of making them in the same.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure Lynsey or Kerri can sort you out but thought I'd add my cake topper page too which has a few examples http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/cake_toppers.html

Another option could be crystals dotted along the strands then dragonfly charms at the end as the "drops".

Please do drop me an email if I can help at all - ****@***********.**.**

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I've finally found a picture I wanted to post. This was for another hitcher as a christening cake topper and I used different baby charms. The strands can be positioned differently, more like the one you have posted.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

There are a couple at the bottom here:

http://www.butterfliesanddaisies.co.uk/Autumn.htm

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics