Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pink & glitz
Beginner August 2014

Drastic hair colour change??? xxflashxx

pink & glitz, 8 of March of 2015 at 17:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

I have very blond hair at the moment with no fringe but I am naturally dark (dark brown). Thinking of a total change (like this photo!!!) Fed up of dark roots with blond hair. Has anyone else gone light to dark?? Did you like it? I know it's only hair and I guess if I didn't like it I could dye it back. As you can see from my photo I am quite blond at the moment x

12 replies

Latest activity by WickyWack, 10 of March of 2015 at 09:22
  • MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

I did, I went from really white blonde (dyed) to a very dark brown, it looked ok whilst I was going on the sunbed regularly but over winter it really made me look pale, so what I've got at the moment is my natural colour (mousey non descript brown) with loads of high and low lights which looks much better.

I hope this helps?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I think that's gorgeous. Although im a little bias, my natural colour is quite similar to it! I've never dyed it so cant really help with that, but I say if you're naturally dark brown anyway then go for it

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Go for it! I think it will look lovely.

I'm thinking of going from mid/dark-brown to this:

or this:

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Month after the wedding I went from blonde as blonde can be to brown and now I'm dark red lol

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Go for it. A change is good. I went from mid brown to red a few months after the wedding

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I was naturally blonde as a child which got darker and my natural colour is mousey brown. I used to highlight my hair all he time and was very blonde but then got fed up with how much it was costing to keep up, and also sick of the dark roots so I went dark brown and I love it! It does make me look a bit pale in winter but I am pale so not bothered by that! It's much cheaper for me too as I just buy 2 packs of dye and my friend does it for me.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

In the last 2 years I have been blonde, brown with highlights, bright red and now dark brown.

I get bored easily!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I had a drastic change 2 days before my wedding.

Black, to bright pink. Change is good.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Do you all use semi- perm colours?

i've been home dying my hair dark brown for about 5 years but it's pretty much just black now! I didn't mind in the summer because i had a tan and it didn't look too bad. But the tan is long gone and the harshness is making me look very, very pale.

i tried some of that colour b4 stuff a while ago but it only really worked on the roots so i had to dye over it again. Think it's time i visit a salon and cough up for some proper colour correction!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I use permanent dyes. When I can afford to (or if I'm going to need my hair lightened) I go to a salon to get it done. If I'm going darker, I tend to just use a permanent home dye. I do make sure to give it plenty of time between dyes, though. If I've gone darker, I just let it grow right out before redying. If I've gone lighter, I dye it my natural colour once my roots start to show and leave it six months before putting another colour on it.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

I use semi permanent dyes and have the same problem with my hair going nearly black as you Ddpunk. I don't know what the answer is. If I try a brown shade with no red tone in it, even if it's light brown, my hair goes black. If I go for a chocolate shade, it goes too red after a few months. The answer is stop dying it but I can't because I'm going grey at the front!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

After I got married I went from bright blonde to ombré (my natural colour dyed on to the top & left the blonde at the bottom so I could then just let it grow out).

I'm glad I did it and at one point was going to go brown all over but I'm now bored or it and am having the blonde out back in next week. I think my skin tone suits blonde more tbh.

Give it a go... You could always go back of you get bored of it.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I've used colour B4 and it worked really well from almost black to mid brown, the only problem was that my hair smelled of eggy farts for about 2 weeks!! hahaha

I was considering having pink/purple ombre but can't handle it staining all of my towels and bed linen so probably going to just get a blonder ombre again!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics