Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Beginner June 2023 Surrey

Dress Alterations

Natalie, 11 of April of 2022 at 10:36 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

I just bought my dress on Saturday. I have been given some recommended people to do the alterations I need.

I just want some advice please! I need the straps changing on my dress, it needs to be altered to fit me better and it will need to be taken up as it's too long. Our wedding is not until next June but obviously there needs to be some complicated alterations per the straps.

When do I look to book this in?

thank you Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by I'mgettingmarriedinJuly, 22 of June of 2022 at 13:44
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in June. Bought my dress in October, it arrived in the shop in March and I had my first fitting last week. Mine needs lots of adjusting too - straps, taking in, shortened. An experienced wedding dress seamstress won’t need too long to make the alterations. I’d be wary of having them done now because you don’t know how your body might change. Contact the seamstress and she should be able to advise the best time to start
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Agree with Melissa, it wont take long for someone who knows what they are doing, but as your wedding is at the beginning of peak wedding season I would get in as soon as you can as they will have work waiting. If you are able to get it done via the shop you bought from they should be able to give you a time line. If not then find out when your dress will physically be in the shop so you have an idea to give to an independant seamstress when you find one

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with the above - get in touch with the seamstress and they can let you know how long it will take and be able to book you in for the appropriate time.
  • I
    Beginner July 2022 East London
    I'mgettingmarriedinJuly ·
    • Hide content

Hello, does anyone have any seamstress's in London they could recommend?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics