Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Dress alterations & costs london - recommendations?

carolineT, 12 of May of 2011 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello,

I'm looking for a good seamstress in London (ideally south) who does dress alterations - i need to take my wedding dress in by a size or two and was hoping some of you may have some experience with some good tailors? Any recommendations would be really appreciated - I'd rather go with a recommendation than just pick someone from the yellow pages. Also, does anyone know rough costs for taking in a dress one size and having the length shortened? Any advice would be great. Thanks xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 23 of January of 2015 at 10:25
  • C
    Beginner
    carolineT ·
    • Hide content

Anyone??

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I've used Designer Alterations in Clapham before for a dress and they were great. I think they do bridal alterations too, but not sure how much they charge for it. Might be worth checking their website or giving them a call ?

• K
    Beginner January 2016
    Kat3434 ·
    • Hide content

My friend recommended Alterations Boutique in Marylebone. I have been to see them and they seem really good. Got a fitting scheduled for July. They quoted £150.00 To Take in and shorten my dress. There website is www.alterationsboutique.co.uk

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

This thread is 3 and a half years old. The OP is probably long married by now ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics