Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2024 Cheshire

Dress alterations - the art of the possible?

Ts, 6 of February of 2024 at 00:08 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 3
Hi all,

Looking for some advice - I bought this sample dress from a shop which is closing down.
I love the lace but was hoping to get some advice on the art of the possible in terms of customising it - some of the things I had in mind are:
- changing the colour of the base fabric to a more nude colour to make the lace pop more
- changing the neckline to a bardot/sweetheart style and potentially adding sleeves to start in line with sweetheart/bardot neckline
- adding some extra fabric underneath to exaggerate the length/shape of the train
- adding some sparkle either to the lace itself or underneath so that it shines through
I'm not sure if any of the above are actually reasonable options but would be keen to get thoughts on what may or may not work and any recommendations please - thanks Smiley smileDress alterations - the art of the possible? 1
Dress alterations - the art of the possible? 2
Dress alterations - the art of the possible? 3

3 replies

Latest activity by Ts, 8 of February of 2024 at 20:39
  • T
    Ts ·
    • Hide content
    More pictures of the dress Dress alterations - the art of the possible? 4

Dress alterations - the art of the possible? 5

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Pretty much anything is possible, but at a cost. If you want that many extensive changes to a dress, you probably need to look at getting a dress that has all (or most) of those things in the first place - it's likely to end up being far cheaper than having this dress completely remade will be.

• T
    Ts ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh ok thank you I didn't realise you could book seamstress consultations! Will definitely look into this Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics