Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emmer80
Beginner October 2012

Dress alterations - zip to lace up?

Emmer80, 1 of July of 2012 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi

I have ordered my dress and i know it will need altering due to me being only 5ft tall Smiley smile The only thing I was disappointed about with the dress was that it was a zip up not lace up. People I have spoken to have said that a seamstress would be able to change my dress, which is a-line style to a lace up back quite easily. Has anyone on here had this alteration done and if so how much did it cost? If its not possible I will be happy to leave my dress as it is as i love the front of it and how it fits.

4 replies

Latest activity by ESW, 1 of July of 2012 at 22:10
  • K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

I have been told he same thing, at he moment I'm deciding between two dresses, one has a lace-up back and one a zip. I really want lace-up but I think I prefer the zip dress, I was advised in the shop that it would be about £150 to change to a lace-up back. But I'll be watching this thread with interest, as I'm not very brave and would like to know if the results of this alteration would be successful.

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

My dress is zip and I will be changing it to lace up. The lady I bought my dress from said that the seamstress she recommends would be able to do it for probably £100 ish.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

My dress was a button back, and I changed to it to a panel/corset lace up instead.

The lace up gives a really good shape to my waist and is noticibly more defined than with just the buttons.

It cost just £60 to have it changed

• Emmer80
    Beginner October 2012
    Emmer80 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was the same as this and decided on the zip dress as I prefered the look of the dress.

Think I'll contact a few seamstresses and get a price for the alterations

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I had mine changed from zip to hoops and lace same as coset but not a panel it is satin hoops sown into where the zip was, had to have this as I still have half the zip left. I was quoted £60-100 for coset back, found another independant seamstress and she charged me £35 to change the zip and let the hips out slightly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics