Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2012

Dress arriving late to shop?

Bride2012, 29 February, 2012 at 07:26 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

I ordered my wedding dress back in September and at the time was told it was due in January. Anyway January came and went and no phone call from the shop so I called them to be told it was due at the end of February. So today is the end of February and still no phone call.

The dress is from Alfred Angelo.

Have your dresses been later than expected to arrive in the shop? I am not sure if to call the shop again as don't want to look like a total bridezilla as our wedding isn't until June.

Any advice appreciated.

Michelle

7 replies

Latest activity by fashionistabride, 29 February, 2012 at 19:17
  • 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Lol I posted a similar thing last night!

Were you given any idea of how long it might take? I was told 12-16 weeks, and hadn't heard anything so called yesterday (17 weeks from paying my 50% deposit).

In your situation I'd call the shop again now it's the end of Feb. My wedding isn't until July, and I imagine if they had any brides getting married much sooner who were desperate for a dress and had asked if they would manage to do it in the time, they would push the later wedding dresses back (and if I was needing one urgently, I'd hope other brides would understand that!) Maybe that's happened with yours? That said, I'm expecting my dress at least 3 full months before the wedding so that if they've made a major *** up (unlikely, but I'm paranoid!) there would be time for them to start again.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

When is your wedding?

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    Bride2012 ·
    • Hide content

Wedding is in June.

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely call again, and again, and again! Don't worry about pestering them!

I have a friend whose dress came in and the shop told her not to worry about coming in to try it on until 2 months before the wedding - she was too excited and went and it's a good job she did because they had received the wrong dress! They had just enouh time to order it again.

So pester them all you want I say!

• F
    Beginner November 2012
    fryer83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah def keep ringing them just incase something does go wrong! Touch wood it will be fine though : )

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Definitely keep in touch with them. It's not rude to ring and enquire if you do it nicely.

My dress only arrived just over 3 weeks before the wedding - THAT was stressful. Stupid Croydon rioters...

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I guess if they said end of February then it would be reasonable to ring them.

• fashionistabride
    Beginner
    fashionistabride ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry at all. I would however just give them a quick ring, it can't hurt can it! I bought my dress online and it is safely in my house already!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics