Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2016

Dress box or Suit Carrier?

RomanticPurpleDiamonds317, 18 of April of 2015 at 13:25 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

I'm getting married abroad and asked my dress shop if they'd pack it into a box for me. They said they wouldn't recommend a dress box, and the dress comes in a suit carrier anyway. I'm happy to take the dress onto the plane in a suit carrier, but the one they provide is very thin, just like those ones you get in Next when you buy a suit. Has anyone ever used these, or should I buy a proper canvas suit carrier? I'm going to speak to the airline anyway and ask them to hang it up once on board.

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Baabaa26, 26 of July of 2015 at 09:01
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm using a canvas suitcase type box my dress company provide. They said they will wrap it with tissue so it doesn't get damaged and it fits in hand luggage

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I asked my dress shop about this & they recommended putting it in a "trolley dolly" suitcase as this has hard shell so more protected & can take on as handluggage. i had been planning to buy a dress box

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

I had a dress box off eBay it came with acetone free paper I wrapped the day before I flew and put my dress bag on top, when we got too Vegas 10 hour flight i moved my dress into the bag and let it hang...It was fine it came home in the box too all fine, I took it as hand luggage onto the plane x

• B
    Beginner April 2016
    Baabaa26 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the empty box company they do travel boxes.you can get 10% off if you use discount code FB15
    I am toying between a box or a case. I wouldn't relay on the airline hanging your dress up once on the plane as they have very limited space, especially if it's a popular wedding destination and there are several brides on the plane all wanting the same thing. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics