Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Dress Change

15 April, 2013 at 19:37 Posted on Planning 0 20

So...is anyone changing from their wedding dress into something else at the reception?

I'm thinking about doing so, as I have a pretty big dress and we have a ceilidh band in the evening and I want to dance! Flash me yours please!!

20 replies

Latest activity by suzysimpson, 18 April, 2013 at 12:40
  • FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

Nooo! This is the only day I will be wearing my dress and I want to wear it until I drop (may be singing a different tune on the day but we'll see?) I too will be dancing but will have flashing lights pinned to the train so people know not to step on it Smiley smile

...I'm kidding [;P] But No, will not be having a dress change I'm too in love with it and I've not even seen the real thing yet! >.<

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Nope - after having my dress on to see if the alterations were good, I was a bit sad, thinking 'this is the last time I get to have my dress on until my wedding day'. I will definately be wearing mine all day.

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

I'm debating about it. My dress is pretty heavy and by the end of the evening I will probably be exhausted from hauling it around everywhere after me. I will want to wear it as much as I can, but I will probably have a nice simple white dress on standby just in case

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

The advantages of a tea-length dress! I don't need to get changed. I've been to a few evening receptions where the bride has changed and felt a bit "cheated" not to see her in her posh dress xx

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

We have a ceilidh too, and I will be keeping on both my dress and my killer heels. Normally for a ceilidh i'd wear flat soles with a T-bar andgrippy sole, and jeans and a top, but nothing on this earth will make me take that dress off until i absolutely have to. If I can pull a Miss Haversham and wear it for ever, I just might.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We had a ceilidh reception and I didn't plan to change out of my dress. However, by 9.30 I was so hot from dancing that OH got a lift back to our house to pick up a white sundress for me to change into, and I felt much better. On my actual wedding day abroad, I kept my dress on until we went to bed, but strolling along the beach and sitting having a nice dinner isn't quite as sweaty and energetic as a ceilidh!

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm definitely not changing although my dress is quite light. I won't want to take it off as I adore it so so much Smiley sad

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I'm strongly considering it. a wedding dress isn't practical for a indie rock band! nope.

Haven't got anything YET but when i have spare cash, its high up there on my list! looking at a high-low design.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm I hadn't thought about this!!! My dress is a slight fishtail... And we're having a ceilidh too!!! Might need to think about a second shorter dress... Hmmm had not budgeted for this!!! Flashes and inspiration needed!!

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

I was going to but the ladies of hitched convinced me otherwise!! This is the only day you'll be able to wear it!! Smiley smile x

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Hell no! I might even sleep in it ?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

For the cost of my chosen dress I'm definitely wearing it all day!! May even wear it to go shopping after the wedding to try and justify spending all that money on a dress for one day!! Haha! Can see why people would wear two though - the dress I think I'm getting is quite simple so would be fine to dance in

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I WiLL be taking a second dress to the venue just in case I really feel the need to change but I'm hoping not to have to- I've never owned any get up that expensive before so I want to make the most of it lol!

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I've got ebay alerts set up for any in my size!! Though I would feel guilty only wearing my proper dress for 10 hours, I honestly can't see it working for the ceilidh. Have two pairs of shoes anyway (one with a teeny tiny heel, one totally flat with ankle ribbon for dancing) so may as well have two dresses Smiley winking

Also seen some nice short dress samples going cheap on ebay. None my size yet but I've set an alert up for that too. Fingers crossed!!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    golden ·
    • Hide content

I've been married before, and I did wear my wedding dress (reasonably big, with a small train i hitched up on a button) for a ceildh. It was fine!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I'll probably change but my dress was only 150 quid and can actually be cut down after to a less weddingy dress, so I may wear it again one day.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I have alerts on my iPhone so not sure how you do it on the website!! I just searched for 'short wedding dress sample' and told it to search title and description, then set the search to category "wedding dresses" and then chose size etc. There are a few on there right now that I've got my eye on that are fairly cheap, but by the time bidding gets going it might actually be cheaper to buy a VoH one!!!

I've been looking on preloved and sellmyweddingdress.com too but you can't search by length on there.

I'm a size 12 but we probably won't be in competition anyway as I'm very tall and am looking at tea length dresses that will most likely be knee length on me Smiley winking

I think like you I'll get one if I see something I REALLY love and is cheap, other than that I'll just sweat in my dress Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics