Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Penny P
Beginner March 2014

Dress cover up ideas please! HELP!

Penny P, 16 of September of 2013 at 20:14 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have been desperately trying to find something to wear to cover my arms that compliments my wedding dress.

I have looked at lace boleros, shrugs, wraps, cardigans...but nothing is right! Because there is lace on my dress it looks odd to have a cover up with a different pattern lace.

Any suggestions of what else I can wear or even links to anything I may have missed - I will consider anything (in ivory)! Just to make it more difficult I will need a size 24 (26 if it's from China!) and with 3/4 or full length sleeves. AND on a budget! (under £50)

I have been looking for weeks and weeks. there must be somewhere I missed! Help!

9 replies

Latest activity by Pinkboo, 17 of September of 2013 at 21:02
  • R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered a pashmina scarf as a cover up? Obviously this might be more annoying if you were wanting to wear it the whole time but you might be able to use a brooch to hold it in place. I've not looked for anything like that for my wedding yet, but have used scarves regularly to cover up on holiday.

i found the following website, I have not used it, but it looks like you can pay using Paypal for security.

http://www.pashmina1.com/shop-by-pashmina-colour/white-pashmina-shawls-and-scarves.html

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

My dress shop ordered in extra lace in the same fabric as my dress and made a bolero for me. Have you asked your dress shop?

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

What kind of dress do you have- maybe if you show up we could maybe find something suitable? - have you tried the bridal shop? they might have something hiding in the back of the shop Smiley smile I got my bolero from the bridal shop for a bargain £20.

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    becs1975 ·
    • Hide content

My Mum is making the bolero above for me, we've sourced almost identical ivory taffeta, and we've bought a couple of lace beaded appliques which we'll put either side at the front. And on the cuff inner wrists, she's going to add a row of covered ivory buttons.

• Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content

Flash us your dress?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this.

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How do I add a picture?

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

This is my dress worn by a model, I don't have any pics of my actual dress. This one is white but mine is ivory. I'm removing the straps as I don't like them and adding a nude/mink coloured ribbon under the bust. You can't tell by the pic that there is subtle beading and sequins on the dress.

The cover up will be worn all the time and possible stitched to the dress to make it more comfortable (I don't want to keep pulling my dress up on the dance floor!)

My wedding is very laid back and relaxed - boho chic style (if that makes sense!)

• Pinkboo
    Beginner March 2014
    Pinkboo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Penny!

I have a similar issue (tho my dress is a 50's style one with off the shoulder straps). I hate my arms and am on the hunt for a suitable cover-up.

Have you tried Etsy? You may find something of interest there Smiley smile

http://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=bolero&view_type=gallery&ship_to=GB&spelling_accepted=bollero

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics