Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner June 2022 Cheshire

Dress decision

Georgia, 8 of May of 2021 at 17:36 Posted on Planning 0 5
I picked my dress today and now I'm second guessing myself.

This is my dress the question I have is could the mesh at the top be removed and changed to sleeves or something so I keeps the back detail? Who could do this for me if it's even possible? Or can it be changed to sleeveless? Dress decision 1

Dress decision 2

5 replies

Latest activity by Shannon, 9 of May of 2021 at 11:29
  • Shannon
    Dedicated August 2022 Vale Of Glamorgan
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t know who could do the changes for you however I can give you some advice that I’ve had given to me. I’ve been told not to look at the pictures of the dresses on me because you will start picking out things you don’t like (I know a lot of dress shops don’t let you take pictures in wedding dresses for this reason) when you do find someone to do the changes for you, I would try on the dress but don’t take pictures that way on the wedding day you will feel like you did when you first put that dress on and won’t be looking for the things you disliked.

I tried on 3 dresses last month (it was spontaneous so weren’t really looking to find THE dress) but when I looked at pictures after (I didn’t take the advice) I really started to hate how the dresses looked on me, I picked out every little flaw I could find.
    But adding onto all that..I think you look absolutely stunning! It’s a beautiful dress on you😍
  • G
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We've been lucky we went to 3 shops and they all let us take pictures. I keep looking back at other dresses I was torn between and feel like I prefer them to this one now 😔
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would they let you change it if it’s from the same place? I have no clue how it all works with these places but I’m sure they have a returns policy or something! Maybe try them all on again and go from there
  • G
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's from a different shop, I don't really want to return it as I still love it but I just want it changing so it has the other things I liked about the others aswell
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would speak to different seamstresses and see what they can all do then find the one that does closest or does exactly what you want done, I haven’t really looked into seamstresses or anything yet but if you create another forum I’m sure there will be loads of other brides that can help

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics