Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner April 2017

Dress deposit?

KJHLee, 30 of June of 2015 at 21:18 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would a deposit be roughly for a dress of that cost? Also are bridesmaid dresses genuinely bought outright or can they be paid off in a plan too?

6 replies

Latest activity by WilliamLewis, 11 of April of 2023 at 20:43
  • S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

I went dress shopping for the first time today, and they stated a 50% deposit. I believe that was across the board for all dresses.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I can't really help with bm dresses as I got mine from ASOS. When I ordered my dress I also put down a 50% deposit

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

50% deposit is standard, I believe. I have just had a look at your signature and see you are getting married this October. There may be an issue with lead times if you are ordering brand new, and a (cheaper and quicker) option would be to alter the sample dress if possible.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Mine was a 50% deposit Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I paid a 50% deposit on my wedding dress and a £50 deposit on each bridesmaid dress.

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

Whoops, it was this October but we pushed it back a year, I forgot to change it in my signature. Okay thanks guys, so I'm looking at a £650 deposit most likely, more than I was hoping but not undo-able.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics