Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

Dress dilemma

mkw, 30 of May of 2015 at 13:16 Posted on Planning 0 3

Mum and I have spent the last couple of days shopping for my wedding dress, and I am now completely confused about what I want. I always thought I wanted a relatively traditional lace wedding dress, fitted at the top and going out a bit at the bottom. I did like these dresses when I tried them on, and my Mum really liked them. However, we then went to Charlie Brear, and I fell in love with about fifty of her dresses! We narrowed it down to a shortlist of three, all of which I loved. I went away with the details of these three dresses and I was going to think about it and make a decision between them. Now, though, my mum thinks I should think about one of the traditional lace ones again. I'm still pretty sure I want a Charlie Brear one, but now I'm worried that - with a year still to go - I'll change my mind and go back to what I wanted originally. Obviously I know a lot of people end up with dresses they didn't expect - has anyone done this and then changed their mind and gone back to what they originally liked? Or have you been happy with your decision?

3 replies

Latest activity by BubbleBees, 30 of May of 2015 at 18:20
  • Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE Charlie Brear, which styles were you looking at?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Its natural to have mixed feelings, and not everyone has just the 'one' dress they adore. I'd go back in a few months, then see how you feel about them. Also think about your budget, cost of alterations, what material they are made from (synthetic or natural, heavy or light), the season you are getting married in and the overall theme/feel you want for the day.

It doesn't really matter, but lace might suit a more traditional type wedding, whereas other styles/materials will give a more modern feel. I'm sure you will know when you go back.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    mkw ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I guess I still have a year to go so don't need to make a decision right away.

For the Charlie Brear ones I was looking at Chapelle, Marielle and Beaton. I really like that they are comfortable so I don't feel like my movement's going to be restricted all day!

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

The Brear ones you've listed are lovely and IMO at least all very 'traditional', the first one especially.

Its always going to be your call.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics