Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2020

Dress dilemma

LuxuriousRedConfetti66736, 26 of February of 2020 at 14:59 Posted on Planning 0

I bought my wedding dress with one of my bridesmaids. She came to the dress shops and we found a dress I loved. Sadly, she's decided not to come to my wedding and left her bridesmaid dress in my garden shed along with a letter telling me the reasons why she no longer wants to be my friend. Now I feel that my wedding gown will just be a memory that I picked it with her. Am I being silly to consider looking for ANOTHER dress?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my, what a stressful thing to happen - I am so sorry!

I'm guessing there's no chance of retrieving this friendship - leaving the dress in the shed does sound very final.

It's really up to you, what your budget looks like and how much the dress has been 'tainted' by what has happened.

How long have you got before your wedding? If it's a long time, you might find that the bad memories fade a little and you are happy to wear the dress. Especially if it was your 'dream' dress. If the wedding is very near, you might struggle to find a replacement in time.

Have you paid for the dress in full? You might be able to resell it, but you will lose some money on it - if you did this, how much could you afford to spend on a second dress and can you find one you like for that price?

If you have only paid a deposit and the dress is still on order/at the shop, it might be worth having a chat to the shop owner. Some will let you swap to another dress for a small fee - no harm in asking anyway.

I hope you are able to find a solution - for what its worth, if I thought a broken friendship would mean I had bad memories in mind when I wore my dress, I'd rather walk up the aisle in jeans and be happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics