Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2013

Dress Doubts - Help!..

ExcitedBridetobe 2013, 8 March, 2013 at 19:31 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi - Im new to Hitched.. Just wondering if anyone can help -

I got engaged in December 2012 and we booked the wedding for September this year...we started wedding dress shopping in February and after a full day shopping with my mum (2 shops) we didnt find anything. A few days later I went to a few different shops on my own just to have a look and found a dress that I really liked.

I bought my mum back a few days later to have a look and she agreed that it looked lovely. So we ordered it - knowing that we did have a time limit due to the wedding being in 6 months time and that evening I was on cloud 9.

I have since been back to the shop with my bridesmaids and they both loved it but this time I just didnt feel great in it - didnt help that the dress is a size 12 and i am a size 18 so it wasnt exactly fitting great - but now ive been in constant doubt as to whether ive done the right thing in ordering the dress.

Everyone keeps saying it'll look so much better when I try my dress on in the right size but i'm driving myself mad that i've made a mistake.

Has this happened to anyone else??

4 replies

Latest activity by ExcitedBridetobe 2013, 9 March, 2013 at 20:24
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Just remind yourself of how you felt before, and why you chose it. Also, don't look at other wedding dresses if you're prone to wobbles. You may find yourself ordering a second dress and being out loads of money!

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you try and find a shop with your dress in stock with your size?

Try it on and then you will 'know'

ive not gone dress shopping yet so i dont have a clue about wobbles ?

• E
    Beginner October 2013
    Emma158 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I probably can't help but I'm also a size 18 and have only tried my dress on in a size 12! It didn't look great but the dress itself is amazing and I tried another dress on in the shop that was the same shape so the lady assured me it would fit in the same way.... I am waiting until June/July to try it on in a bigger size but have paid half of the price because the dress itself is amazing and I fell in love before I went to the shop. I am petrified that it won't look good on me so I completely understand how you feel. The only thing I will say is that you felt good in it and others have said the same so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine :-)

I'm hoping to get that feeling when I try mine on again....

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    ExcitedBridetobe 2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your advise - I went into the shop again today with my mum - tried it on again and I instantly remembered why I ordered it.. feel so much better about it now and I know its the right dress for me Smiley smile

Thanks! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics