Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

donnyette
Beginner December 2016

dress factory outlet birmingham

donnyette, 13 of October of 2013 at 16:05 Posted on Planning 0 15

I have seen a website for a wedding dress factory outlet in Leicestershire that does designer dresses etc for a fraction of the retail price. Has anyone been there, x

15 replies

Latest activity by siany_88, 14 of October of 2013 at 20:41
  • charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Is that the one in burbage? thinking of going there myself x

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it is. Really wanna go there.i have fallen in love with a dress which is £950 and thats way above my budget. If you go first, let me know what its like x x

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Will do, hopefully go this week im not too far away in tamworth x

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

I probably wont be going till after christmas. Wont be able to resist spending more money than I shoukd and will have none left for christmas presents lol. Im not much further from you in redditch x

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

I'd idnt go to the Leicester one, but went the one in the. Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, and I Definately wouldn't reccomend to anyone x

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Hi is that the same company? as the one i am looking at only has a store in burbage, hinckley, one in london and one in Bolton x

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

I think its a different one in the jewellery quater. Didnt even know there was a dress shop there. The one in burbage only has another 3 outlets x

• Vanadesse
    Beginner August 2014
    Vanadesse ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh really, why? I was considering going there.

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

The one in the Jewellery Quarter is different, but truly out me off. Smiley sad brought my dress the same day from a boutique though x

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Aluvbug i found a link to another thread on here, its the one in london but someone has been to the burbage one. hope it helps x

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/401145/3413585.aspx#3413585

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Thanks charliejack. Think im defo gonna try the burbage outlet first before I go to any bridal shops x good luck finding your dress too x

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

I've been to the on in Burbage! I didn't buy anything I just went to see what it was about! But I will go back soon hopefully!

It's only open Wednesdays and weekends. We went about 1030 on a Sunday, it was relatively quiet but it did get very busy towards lunchtime. Maybe I'll go on a Wednesday next time! They stock designer brands over stock & end of line but they also have there own designer (viva brides). They do some gorgeous vintage style designs! All the dresses are less than £500!!

The way it's works is: all the dresses are racked according to size, like tkmaxx. You pick four dresses at a time and put at the end of a rail with dividers dividing your dresses from somebody else's. Then the ladies who work there take whoevers dresses is next in the queue and calls you into a fitting room. The ladies were all really nice and I didn't feel like they were looking at me like I was fat...! There are four fitting rooms in a line so you get all the other brides family and friends sat around which is quite nice as if you do come out of the changing room they ooo and aah you and tell you you look amazing!

A tip if you are planning to go: Get your four dresses on the rail and if you see more just keep putting them on the rail in fours. I only put four on the rail, tried them on and went to get some more but it was very busy by then that I gave up and went home!

They are on Facebook, search for wedding dress factory outlet, they have a monthly competition where you can win your dress! Even if you have already brought your dress (from them) they'll give you your money back! Women who have brought they're dresses from there also send their photos in so you can see their dresses.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want more info xx

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Curlysuzie this has been a massive help. Think its gonna be my first port of call when I go dress shopping soon. Cant wait. Thanks x

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Iona1651 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I bought my dress from an outlet in Northallerton 'The Bridal Outlet'. I went quite early one Saturday morning, chose some dresses, put them on a rail then waited until my turn (they gave you a raffle ticket so you were in number order). It got quite busy but they let me try on more than four dresses. They didn't have any that I liked when I put them on but the lady said the ones which had lace on were separate as they didn't want them tearing so brought me more out. I was in the changing room for quite a while - the lady was nice but I felt that she was wanting me to puchase something so she could move on to the next 'sale'. She kept saying things like 'see, it's not so difficult to make up your mind' when another bride chose a dress to purchase. I also bought my veil from them as I knew it went with the dress (the veil has swarkoski crystals on the scalloped edge). I think both cost me £850 in total.

The lady kept trying dresses on me which weren't suitable i.e. I'm bigger on the hips (pear shaped) so need an 'A' line style rather than fitted. She was trying to make dresses fit - saying I could have them taken out to fit. My mother worked for Burberrys before i was born and made loads of my clothes when growing up and luckily she was with me. Any dress being taken out might not have a big enough seam to do it and may also leave very unsightly previous stitch marks. My dress is actually too big for me and will need taking in - but this is a better option for me. They pin and hold the dresses in place so just be sure you can get it altered if you need to. They gave me the number of a lady in York and said it wouldn't cost more than around £100 to get it altered - but I'm sure it'll be more as there is a lot of work involved - my mum should know!

I only bought my dress from them because I'd been to bridal shops and when I went I didn't have a date and felt they weren't taking me seriously. A lot of them also said I needed an appointment - which I didn't know previously as I've never been married before! I also didn't find anything I liked when I did eventually get to try dresses on.

Just wish my mum could've made my dress but she suffers with her hands now and she deserves a rest!

I'd say go - take your time and don't be pushed into anything by them.

Good luck in finding your dress - let us know how you get on.

xx

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Will do. Although I dont think it will be until after christmas which then gives me just over 11 months. Is that too late? My first wedding too x

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    siany_88 ·
    • Hide content

Is that wedding dress factory outlet? I went to the Bromley store, by the same name and they were amazing! They were so helpful, I tried on 8 dresses and the lady let me keep going back to the dress I ended up going home with. I was actually the last person in the shop but the girl couldn't have been more helpful! I would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Wedding dress factory outlet do explain that the dresses are new and they're not last season but, they are dresses that have been used in dress shoots and things. If you buy the dress on the day they clean it for you and you take it away, however though, they don't do alterations. If you like a dress you can hold it for 2 weeks with a non-refundable deposit that gets taken off the dress if you decide to buy! In the shops the dresses are arranged in sizes around the store with all styles in one place. You can only try on 4 dress at a time but if you tell them you have more they'll sort it out for you, nothing is too much trouble.

I will stop rabbiting on now, but I will say they were the most helpful shop I have been in, other than confetti and lace!

Good luck with your dress hunt!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics