Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2014

Dress for an abroad wedding!

livly, 10 October, 2012 at 12:59 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi girls,

I'm getting married in the south of Italy at the end of June and I'm worried about the heat. For those of you who are marrying abroad what type of dress are you going for?

I know there are lots of tea length and short options but I've got my heart set on having a full length wedding dress, just not sure if this is going to make me sweat!

Can anyone who is marring abroad flash their dresses for me to have a nose at?

Thanks xxx

7 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 11 October, 2012 at 13:32
  • Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Ibiza in June and I wore a jenny Packham dress. I chose cascade, but I very nearly went with Saskia. I wasn't too hot, a lot of of JP dresses are fairly lightweight so perfect for an abroad wedding.

See my wedding report if you want to look at a picture- the link is on my signature.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Any excuse!

I loved my dress - it hung relatively straight when I stood still, billowed out into a ballgown shape when walking, and was light enough to hitch up to paddle. I did have 2 layers of netting and 1 layer of chiffon taken out of the dress, plus the train removed and detachable cap sleeves added. I did look at the slinkier chiffon dresses like the Maggie Sottero ones, but they just didn't make me feel bridal enough.

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

This is mine,

but without the part that goes around my shoulders. i am getting married in santorini in may 2013 xx xx

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Its more about what material is in your dress that you need to think about. I bought a dress from a Chinese supplier & it was horrendous. Just trying it on, my legs were literally dripping in sweat. It was polyester, didnt breath at all & I threw it out.

I ended up buying a genuine Maggie Sottero which was fantastic. It was full length with train, corset back & we got married in Sydney. No sweat at al & dont remember ever feeling hot.

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    livly ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls, lovely dress shots, kayel I can't see yours Smiley sad

Haven't started shopping yet but am worried about budget as have NO idea and imagine it's going to cost me the earth.

out of interest in which ball park did your wedding dress costs fall?

Would love a lace dress but think it could be quite heavy so might have to go for something a bit lighter, chiffony maybe? Just not sure as living in Italy and when I go back for my dress shopping will have to try and factor out the cold english winters!!!!

Love the flashes, please keep 'em coming!!!

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    livly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is gorgeous! Who designed it?

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh no its sophia tolli y11204, it was 1,400. But you can beautiful for waay cheaper if you dont wanna pay loads xx

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Mine was Blue by Enzoani, style name Baltimore. Cost £1150 plus £200 alterations, but as I said, the simpler single layer chiffon dresses just didn't feel bridal enough and you can't swish about in them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics