Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2024 Hertfordshire

Dress for older bride

Maggie, 12 of February of 2024 at 12:25 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 3
Hi, I'm getting married later this year - 2nd time for both of us - we both lost our partners to cancer in 2020. Need some help with choosing a dress - don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb but would like something really special. I'm a young 58! Where do I start? No idea where to go. Any suggestions welcome.

3 replies

Latest activity by KIM, 14 of February of 2024 at 20:47
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You should be able to find a huge range at most bridal salons so if you haven't visited one, it might be worth a try, even if just to get an idea of silhouettes and styles.

If you're open to mail order, check out Alie Street London - they have a range of styles and I very nearly ordered from them but went with a dress from Ivy & Oak instead. (Ivy & Oak still do bridal, but I'm not so keen on the stuff they do now!)

• M
    Beginner October 2024 Hertfordshire
    Maggie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, thats really helpful. X
  • K
    Beginner April 2024 Greater Manchester
    KIM ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Maggie I’m 61 in April and marry in April too. Been a big worry for me. Don’t know where you live but found the most excellent bridal shop near Wakefield. Gone for LucyCantDance as designer. They have adapted the dress to make sure I’m confident on the day. Been a pleasure.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics