Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2014

Dress help!

Holster86, 30 of May of 2013 at 13:16 Posted on Planning 0 10

I am wondering if anyone would be able to help me find a dress from a picture (or know of anything similar!)

I have recently got engaged (Yay!) and the wedding date is now set for 31 May nexy year Smiley smile I have stumbled across a dress that I love whilst looking for photographers so have no idea what make/design it is.

This is the link to the wedding photographs - http://www.davidstubbsphotography.co.uk/nick-charlotte-wedding-adlington-hall-30th-september-2012/.

I haven't yet been to try anything on so know my mind could change but would love to know who the designer is so I can have a nosey! If anyone knows of any that are similar too that would also be great!

Many thanks! Smiley smile

10 replies

Latest activity by Cache13, 12 of August of 2014 at 20:10
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

That looks like a Lusan Mandongus to me.

I loved them, but they're not very structured, so they didn't suit me sadly.

I tried on a couple at Ellie Sanderson in Beaconsfield, and from memory, they retail at about £1800

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    Sazzle85 ·
    • Hide content

I am also getting married on 31st may 2014... 1 year and 1 day to go! I love that dress too!

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    Charlo1979 ·
    • Hide content

OH MY GOD - THAT'S ME... AND THAT'S MY DRESS!!!!

Wow. This is quite surreal.

David Stubbs told me "The Dress" had received some lovely comments and sent me the link to your post - (he's a fabulous photographer and a great source of random wedding tips too, by the way!)

It is indeed a Lusan Mandongus LM1913, from the 2010 collection. The broach belongs to my mother-in-law and was my 'something borrowed'.

The White Closet in West Didsbury have a good selection in stock, but their sales tactics can be sneaky and everything tends to be way overpriced! (They had it on sale and let me get my card out at the till before mentioning another woman was interested and would have first dibs - unless I paid full whack!!!)

So i had a little cry in Tescos, drank a lot of cheap wine, trawled the internet and got lucky. Twist-of-fate kind of lucky, in fact, as i ended up buying "The Dress" from a (happily married) lady called Laura on Pre-loved for £800 - half the price!!! As such, i would be happy to pass on the good fortune...

it was originally a size 8, but has since been taken in quite a bit (and could do with a trip to the dry cleaners!) I will try to post some more pics and get the exact measurements - just in case there are any takers...?!?

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    Charlo1979 ·
    • Hide content

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

If you're looking for a stockist for his dresses I bought mine from Ava Rose in Barrowford - although they do have three shops located in various places (they have a website). They were the only stockist near me that stocked Annasul Y dresses. My dress is a Lusan Mandongus/ Annasul Y dress - think they must have collaborated on the new collection!

Good Luck x

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hi Holster86,

I'm not sure where you are based (or your size) but I tried this dress on in SWOON in West Byfleet last weekend. At least, I think it is the same dress. The link to it is here: http://www.swoonweddinggowns.co.uk/item.do?item=2865. However, this dress is from Annasul Y, not Lusan M.... that is the exact dress that you have seen. It felt amazing on, but I needed a bit more structure around the boobage area, so I had to let it go.

• E
    Beginner July 2015
    Emmajay123 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Charlo1979,

I know it's been a while but I just wondered if you were still considering selling you dress or have you already sold it as I am also looking for this dress for my wedding next summer x

• E
    Beginner July 2015
    Emmajay123 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Charlo1979,

I know it's been a while but I just wondered if you were still considering selling you dress or have you already sold it as I am also looking for this dress for my wedding next summer x

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Annasul Y and Lusan Mandongus are different branches of the same company Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics