Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner December 2021 Durham

Dress help....indecisive!

Eve, 19 of April of 2021 at 19:52 Posted on Planning 0 3
Good evening ladies,

I went dress shopping for the first time at the weekend and found a dress I love but didn’t say ‘yes to the dress’. I’ve been to a further 2 shops today and Saturdays dress is still my favourite but I still feel I haven’t tried enough on. Has anyone else has this problem? The wedding is December and the dress needs ordering so I really don’t have much time. Why can’t I just make my mind up ??‍♀️

3 replies

Latest activity by Leonie, 20 of April of 2021 at 19:43
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    It is a tough decision! Did u go with anyone? What were their opinions? Maybe go to one more shop to satisfy the feeling of being sure. Call it the decider shop, if the 3 shops by then dont produce something better and ur peers like it too, it's probably what u want. Hope this helps, good luck
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Do you think you are expecting a 'moment' where you go all teary eyed or jump up & down squealing? Because you may not get that.

I loved my dress & would 100% pick it again, but when I put it on, while I felt comfortable and happy, I didn't get emotional or go 'this is THE ONE'. Not everyone does.

Do you love the dress? Do you feel comfortable & attractive in it? If there's no niggling doubt in your mind about it, then maybe it's simply that the real life experience of finding your dress isn't matching up to your dream of it.

• Leonie
    Savvy June 2022 Kent
    Leonie ·
    • Hide content

If it is just a feeling that you "should" try on more or you haven't tried on "enough" then maybe it's just a fear of missing out on something you haven't found yet? I bought my wedding dress on Saturday and like you I keep having thoughts about having not tried on enough dresses (I tried 7 in the one shop). I bought the second dress I tried on and didn't cry or anything but just knew when I laid eyes on it in the mirror it was perfect, I didn't want to say yes straight away as had only tried 2 dresses, so continued trying on but none of them felt right after that so I put the second dress back on and I just knew it was the dress I wanted.

Long story short, maybe you need to go back to the first store and try the dress on for a second time? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics