Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

Dress help/opinion ***FLASH***

stephers01, 19 of January of 2015 at 23:00 Posted on Planning 0 70

Evening ladies!

I had a dress wobble about two weeks ago so today i went to try on a dress i had fallen in love with on the Sophia Tolli website.

I tried her on and she was beautiful, as was my original choice and then the lady suggested trying on something completely different so I did.

Out of the three pictures (I know they aren't great quality, sorry) which do you think suits me best?? Bearing in mind they don't fit perfectly and the hair isn't the way i would have it and so on and so on...................As you can see, I'm on the curvy side xxx

70 replies

Latest activity by tash&ste, 26 of January of 2015 at 18:02
  • M
    Beginner May 2016
    May Bride 2016 ·
    • Hide content

I think all three look lovely to be honest, the first one really has the X factor though, really different but beautiful on you. Maybe think about would you have to change the whole theme and colours if you chose number one and if you do would you want to, if the answers yes that's the dress for you!! Let us know what you decide x

• Pink Roses
    Beginner July 2016
    Pink Roses ·
    • Hide content

I have to agree, all are beautiful but the first one is stunning,it really flatters you and as commented before it has the X factor. Depend obvs on if it matches your colour scheme and it's also about which one you not only feel special in but also happy and comfortable.

Did you have any family or friends with you on the day? If not maybe take someone with you to give you their opinion? it can be hard to decide if you're making the right decision without advice and comments from others just to evaluate whether it's the one for you. But like I mentioned before it is solely down to how you feel ? good luck! Let us know which one you go for in the end!

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

Love the 1st one- it's amazing!

The 2nd one is lovely but I can't stop looking at the 1st one ;-)

I'm not a fan of 3rd one (sorry)

x

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I love 1 & 2!! i think 1 just has the edge for me but a tough call.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

They're all lovely but number one is definitely my favourite; it looks amazing on you ;-)

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Number 2 is my favourite. Very pretty and unusual!

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from that shop just a couple of weeks ago!

I love the Sophia Tolli Marlene (number 1) gives you a great waist!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Deffo number 1. The colour and the ruffles, because they go vertically and swirl around a little, are really slimming and very flattering and the fact it is asymetrically fitted a little lower onto your right hip has a wonderful effect. The other two are nice but one is the WOW factor. Which is your favourite? Which do you feel more giddy in?

I'm not normally a ruffle fan they have to be right - on this dress they most certainly are. imvho x

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely say number 1. I think number 2 cuts you off at the bust line and you lose your waist. Number three would look lovely with a belt or sash though x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

It's number 1 without a shadow of a doubt. Please don't think me rude, but I don't think the other two do your shape any favours. The first one is jsut so unbelievably gorgeous!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely no. 1! It's stunning on you, the ruffles, the colour, the waist, the neckline...it's perfect.

Just out of curiosity, which is which? Is the no. 1 the one you had a wobble on, or the one the lady in the bridal shop suggested?

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    Sparkle2015 ·
    • Hide content

Number 1 for me! I love it!

Number 2 just doesn't look right and number 3 doesn't suit you in my opinion.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

That first dress is incredible!!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Definitely number 1! Such a big wow factor with that one.

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I love number 2, but 1 is seriously WOW

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Number 1 is stunning, it's enough to give me dress wobbles! I like number 2 but it doesn't really give you a waist where as number 1 really flatters your figure. Again 3rd ones nice but I'm not sure on the shape.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone!
    Picture 1 is the one I was desperate to try on and glad I did. Number 2 is the one I had originally chosen and number 3 is the one the lady suggested I try. I couldn't believe how number 3 showed off my waist and hips and my curvy shape. But I don't know if that's a good thing.
    But you all think number 1 and now I don't know what to do! Ahhhh!

I've got to choose today at 1pm when I have my measurements as it won't come in until May if I order now and I get married in July x

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I think the first one is the best and definitely the most flattering.

BUT you need to go with how YOU feel and what YOU feel comfortable in.

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one. not a fan of the others. It has the WOW factor Smiley smile

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

(Chants) number one, number one, number one... Number two is not flattering, number 3 is nice but 1 is just wow!

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

They're all beautiful dresses, but I'm going for 1 as well. It's definitely a "Wow" kinda dress.

x

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I think that Number 1 is best, not only the shape and wow factor but the colour really suits you. I think the bright white of Number 3 is far too harsh with your skin tone, do they have it in something closer to the colour of the other two?

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

Which one were you hoping we would all say?

If it was number 3 then try it on again and with a nice belt or something.

Also look at the photo of number 1 on Sally's FB page as it does look very different in white, I personally think it looses some of its beauty in white. What colour were you thinking of for it?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I think you look incredible in all of them actually! But I do think no.1 is the wow dress. It really suits your shape and the ruffles are stunning! Good luck choosing! If it helps, I would put them in order, 1, 3 and then 2.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

You look stunning in them all but number 1 is beyond stunning and such an amazing dress and you look lovely in this

if I were to put them into order it would be 1,2,3

I have actual dress and envy over number 1

No matter which you choose you will look stunning

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone you've all been so kind.

In response to what I was hoping I was hoping people would like number 3. I was just gobsmaked that a more fitted dress like that even suited me. I felt sexy and wanted to pose which I never do.
    I love the ruffle one in the first picture but would definitely go for it in Ivory. It was just very heavy and quite hard to move in. With me getting married in July, it might be very hot to wear. It is definitely wow. I agree.

So its whether I want wow and princess with the first picture

OR

Sexy and curvacious in the 3rd picture

Hmmph decisions decisions xx

P.S number 2 is a deffo NO NO now! x

• J
    Beginner March 2015
    JLLS ·
    • Hide content

Number 1 is stunning and you look amazing in it! I would try them both on again as that may help you go with whichever one you feel is 'the one'. Agree with what has been said before about the fact that number 1 will look completely different in ivory - I have gone for a champagney coloured dress which also came in white and i actually don't like it anywhere near as much in white, so just something to be aware of.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

If you LOVE number three then that is what you should go with - simple as. If you feel fabulous in it then you will be fabulous in it. Good for you for testing out other ideas though - helps cement your decision. I would try a belt with it though - you might be surprised what a WOW that can add to that style of dress, I know I was when I looked. I would also consider the colour - the colour of the first dress is stunning and would work just as well on number three - and would prob make it look even more fantastic on you to be honest.

• D
    Beginner September 2015
    dannid89x ·
    • Hide content

Number 2 defo!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Number one, it is really you - you look amazing! ?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

1 is a show stopper. Are you a show stopper kind of girl? It made me say wow out loud. I've been on hitched a long time now and looked at a gazillion different dresses, not much makes me say wow any more!

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

Try number 3 on again if you can, add a belt, swish around in it. It it makes you feel sexy then its the right one for you!

As you are getting married in July I can understand the malene would be really heavy and very hot so may not be right for you, again a reminder it looks very different in white!

I had similar, (same shop) there were 2 very different dresses that suited me eqaully. One elegent and then the one I went for which was Sophia Tolli Arya. I went for the one which made me swish and feel good!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics