Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dana_leigh
Beginner August 2013

Dress Measurments of an Amanda Wyatt dress - Help!!

Dana_leigh, 4 of April of 2012 at 16:46 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have been watching a dress I love on ebay and finally thought to ask for the measurements.

they came back as 80cm waist (it's a size 12) and 86cm bust :o

Now I can do the waist but is that bust measurement likely to be correct????? Mine measures 91cm in a thin bra and I'm not big busted at all so my question is does anyone have any idea of what a 12 bust on an Amanda Wyatt dress is coming up as?

The one I'm looking at is Tanzanite

There is a member on here also selling one, a size 14 which I could buy but then I would need to do a lot of taking in alterations whereas I may not have to with the 12.....

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by Dana_leigh, 4 of April of 2012 at 20:18
  • B2B2014
    Beginner February 2014
    B2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi if the dress is a lace up you should be fine, if a zip up it could be a squeeze and you don't want to feel as though your bust is being squashed,

Good Luck

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

Its a zip up and all the measurements seem ok for me now, except for the bust...does it cost a lot to change the back? Is that even possible?

• B2B2014
    Beginner February 2014
    B2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Most weeding dress shops will have a good dress maker to do alterations, i was quoted £90 to put in a lace up back in, i suppose this depends on how much your dress is as to weather you want to send more on alterations.

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

I dont mind paying for alterations if the dress stays around the price it is now on ebay and I dont end up paying £400/£500 budget is tight and all that!

• B2B2014
    Beginner February 2014
    B2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel i found my perfect dress from and American designer then the cost was over £2000 to get it made and shipped well and truely over my budget so have managed to find one similar for £300 on ebay if anything i like it more the the other one.

I hope you get the dress you want.

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    jaxxs ·
    • Hide content

I'm a uk12 but in an Alfred angelo lace up my bust needs a 16 with alterations to bring it in at the waist! Is there a local stockist u could go and try an Amanda wyatt on to get idea of size, their size chart may be on Internet if u google it. Don't be surprised u would need a bigger size wedding dress as some designers do come up small.

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

I tried to go to a stockist today but my local one was shut and I havent been able to find a sizing chart. I asked the seller for measurements and in theory it should fit so going to give it a go!

It ends tonight so I either go for it, or wait for another to come along, of which i have only seen 2 others about.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics