Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2011

Dress ordered from asapbay.. nervous!

tressls, 3 March, 2011 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 0

Hi girls

You might remember I had a dress dilemma where I ordered a wedding dress from a seller on eBay in china.. dress was nice on the photo (aren't they all), but when seller e-mailed me photos of one like it, it looked cheap. I got refund back (after beign bribed to leave + feedback!), and set about looking.

I loved the Alfred Angelo 1136 copy that another hitcher had made by asapbay and she flashed it on here. She looked wonderful and I adored the dress. However, whilst searching for a copy on Landybridal (site) I happened across the Alfred Angelo 1645 and fell in love! I couldn't see it on Landybridal and so e-mailed Jenny at asapbay with a photo. She said she can copy it for £80GBP, add sparkles for £15 and cap sleeves (removable- I have a big bust and not sure if strapless will hold me up or look any good).

Paid for now- still need a pettitcoat which I will sort after.... so nervous though! I measured myself and I just hope it fits ok.

PS- Another thing... I thought Landybridal and asapbay were the same company totally. BUT I found the 1136 on LB website, and its well over £100. I then linked the Landybridal link of it to Jenny at asapbay to see if she had one I could buy via the eBay shop rather than the LB site. She linked me to it- it was on eBay.com rather than eBay.co.uk. The price wasin US$ but when I asked her to convert it she said about £85! Including shipping to the UK! Why are the LB prices and eBay prices for asapbay different?! (Not that I am complaining!).

Anyway in the end I went for the 1645 as I said... now to wait until early April... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

T x

• D
    Beginner
    D2B ·
    • Hide content

Oooo, how exciting!

I'm also planning on getting my dress from China, but also a bit aprehensive. Wedding is not until May next year so only just about to start going round the shops to decide what kind of style I like. Would be really interested in how yours turns out so keep us posted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics