Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2013

Dress Shopping in Newcastle upon Tyne

LisBee, 26 of September of 2012 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi could anyone recommend good bridal shops in Newcastle please? We have a very tight budget so looking for bargains! Thanks. ?

19 replies

Latest activity by BrideintheToon, 3 of December of 2016 at 00:22
  • E
    Beginner December 2012
    elindsp ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Turly Madly Deeply in Whitley Bay is good for a bargain, all their dresses are under £1,000.

I ended up getting mine from The Wedding Dress Company in Corbridge - gorgeous shop and they had a load of sale/sample dresses to choose from.

Good luck!

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thank you .. will have a look at the one in Whitley Bay!

• jimmygee
    jimmygee ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Highly recommended for price and range of dresses is Eclipse Bridal on Wallsend High Street.

Whoever you choose enjoy your shopping?

• jimmygee
    jimmygee ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Highly recommended for price and range of dresses is Eclipse Bridal on Wallsend High Street.

Whoever you choose enjoy your shopping?

OOPS don't know how but it's loaded twice?

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Shelenmac ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I know it's a bit further than Newcastle but Isabelle's Brides in Peterlee is fab. There's also a Mother of the Bride shop over the road that is fairly well known in the area. You should consider the journey if you can as the staff are lovely!

www.isabellesbrides.co.uk

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks jimmygee ... I will have a look in Ecllipse. Shelenmac, may venture to Peterlee after looking locally! Thank you?

• CharleeA
    Beginner April 2013
    CharleeA ·
    • Hide content

Ive bought my dress from berketex bridal in newcastle - staff were lovely and they have dresses for a huge range of budgets!

Have you thought about the hight street too? Monsoon and house of fraiser do some amazing wedding dresses as do BHS.

Happy shopping x

• C
    Beginner
    claiireee ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I live in Sheffield, but Newcastle is home and I got my wedding dress there. I bought it from Wedding Essentials on Dean Street, the women in there were LOVELY, really friendly and I didn't feel rushed at all. You Are Precious is really nice too, but the dresses are more expensive. I also went to The Wedding Dress Company in Corbridge (nice, but pricey), Truely Madly Deeply in Whitley Bay (was a bit put off by the woman who helped me) and Mia Sposa (didn't think there was much choice here, for what I was looking for anyway). Yes I went to loads, and that's not including the ones in Sheffield! I had a bit of a nightmare really...?

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Hi CharleeA I am going to have a look on Berkatex Bride soon. I looked in Monsoon with my mum a few days ago and I really likes one of their dresses. My mum thinks its the one, and I might think that too but want to look around and try others on! Thank you x

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that sounds like a good place to try. Could you give me more details as to what its called and where it is please? Thanks helgar13 ?

• gonnaBMrsF
    Beginner October 2013
    gonnaBMrsF ·
    • Hide content

Think it may be this one https://www.bridalfactoryoutlet.co.uk/contact-us/

may give this a try myself! I'm from Northumberland but having a trip to Darlington next week to try on a dress i've seen. I'm beginning to find i'm quite picky! ?

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thank you helgar13 and gonaBmrsF ! ?

• mrsmarkham2b
    Beginner November 2016
    mrsmarkham2b ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I've just ordered mine from Berketex bride in Newcastle and have managed to set up a payment plan with them ?

• B
    Beginner February 2013
    BradyBird ·
    • Hide content

I ended up buying my dress as a sample off ebay (I tried it on in a shop in Essex then looked for it cheaper!) but I did do some research in Northumberland too if you're happy to head out of Newcastle for a browse...

Bridal Wish at Blagdon (just outside Cramlington) was lovely - Pronovias and Justin Alexander dresses so most were £1000+ from memory but the lady was great, she had obviously been doing that kind of thing for years and really knew what would suit different body shapes. She also managed to convince my mum that contrary to her preconceptions a fishtail could look classy and not too sexy! Result!

Kathryn Trueman in Morpeth was an amazing experience - she is such a nice person and stocks a lot of smaller couture British designers so if you're looking for something different you could be in luck. The two dresses I loved in here were £1350 and £1500. She is also happy for you to take photos here which is great.

The wedding gallery in Morpeth is where I'm getting my bridesmaid dresses, I have to admit I wasn't overwhelmed by the service or the shop but it might have been because they knew they weren't getting the big sale from us as I already had my dress. Price wise they were about £10-£15 cheaper for Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses than a couple of other places I enquired.

The Bridal Gallery in Cramlington supplied my bm dress for my friend's wedding last year and whilst the owner and assistants were always friendly, their timings when planning alterations for an August wedding (during crazy busy wedding season) seemed to slip meaning the bm dresses and my friend's wedding dress weren't available to try on the week before the wedding or collect until the very last minute. This added some stress to her planning and made me wary of ordering my own bm dresses from the same place.

Hope this is of some help!

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bradybird

That is a great help! Thank you so much!! I have lots of places to try now and cant wait to go try on dresses with my mum! ?

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    LuxuriousYellowConfetti667 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there! I'm located near newcastle, and having been browsing online to try to find shops in newcastle that stock alternative dress colours for wedding dresses, as I'm not sure I'll go with white or cream... Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks xx

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

Have you managed to find anything LuxuriousYellowConfetti667?

I've been to a lot of different shops in the north east now but to be honest I've seen very few coloured dresses. Rosina Brown at Stocksfield had one floral dress so they could be worth a try and the lady in there is very friendly and helpful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics