Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2024 North Yorkshire

Dress shopping/ loose weight

Luxuriousgreenflowers72418, 8 of September of 2022 at 14:57 Posted on Planning 0 2
I’m not getting married until May 2024 but within the next 3/4 months I would like to start looking at dresses.

I lost around a stone in January however I slowly put it back on. I’m not happy with the weight I am at the moment and worried to try on dresses due to this.
I’m trying to loose weight but I don’t know if going dress shopping is too soon.
Has anyone wanted to loose weight before they actually tried any dresses on at all?

2 replies

Latest activity by Alice, 29 of September of 2022 at 19:10
  • Charlotte
    Beginner March 2023 Greater Manchester
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I got engaged at the beginning of February and I went dress shopping at the beginning of April. I started dieting at the start of March and lost 1st4lb before my first wedding shop appointment. I found my dress but held off getting my measurements for another 4 weeks until May and I lost another 10lbs in that time so 2 stone in total 🥳 My aim is to lose another 10lbs before my wedding in March 2023. I've read they can take a dress out one size and take it in 2 sizes so bare that in mind when you get your measurements taken for your dress 😊 Theres nothing quite like the bride diet! 🤣 x
  • A
    Beginner April 2025 Greater Manchester
    Alice ·
    • Hide content

I've been thinking similarly! The advice I've always had from friends and family who've gotten married is to start shopping 1yr to 18mths out and buy a dress that fits you at that point. Like Charlotte said the seamstresses can do amazing things but its way way better to be having your dress made smaller than panicking about not fitting into a dress that you've bought in a smaller size Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics