Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Beginner October 2022 Oxfordshire

Dress shopping - lots of shops in one day or spread out

Rachel, 13 of April of 2021 at 09:16 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

Looking for some thoughts/experiences of dress shopping strategies - did you do lots in one day or spread them out over several days/weekends? Did you feel overwhelmed/like you were forgetting the feel of certain dresses?

My busy sister and mum will be coming with me, so was wondering about blitzing a few in a day, but not sure if that going to be pretty stressful!

Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:57
  • Kay
    Curious June 2021 Bristol
    Kay ·
    • Hide content

I did it all in one day as my bridesmaids lived in different cities and by the end of it I was really overwhelmed and really didn't feel well, it can be pretty full on trying on so many dresses (especially if you're not sure what style you want) - ended up picking a dress in the end which I've since changed as I think I picked it out because I had to pick something... If I could do it again I would spread it out a bit more, take time and enjoy the day and spending time with your mum and sister! Don't feel like you have to try everything on and pick something!!

Hope that helps. ?

• S
    Savvy January 2023 East London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

Going to sound asshole here so sorry! I am trying to do everything second-hand/ minimal waste/ vintage/ low cost etc etc truly so exited yesterday as the charity and vintage shope are opening again which have been great for things like quirky centre pieces for tables or pocket quares for the men. For the dress I have been keeping my eyes peeled on alot of vintage sites like oxfam, still white, fb marketplace and Bride2Bride and then I'm gonna work on the dress with a seamtress to make something just for me. It might not be for you but it's another option rathr than trawling through a really saes led environment and working out what you want before someone tries to make alo tof cash from it. hope this is helpful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics