Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

findthecolour
Beginner June 2012

Dress Shops - Manchester

findthecolour, 7 November, 2011 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 19

Struggling! I would really like your recommendations for wedding dress shops in Manchester (city centre, although willing to travel out if needs be) that have a large selection of dresses!

Budget is somewhere around £400-750 and am definitely looking for somewhere that can do all my alterations further down the line.

Any help much appreciated!

19 replies

Latest activity by findthecolour, 18 December, 2011 at 15:44
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I can't recc Pronuptia highly enough... it looks a bit dodgy as it is down some steps near some big old warehouses round Afflecks way. But there is so much choice and a huge range of prices, a massive sale rack, and I think my price included all alterations too. My dress was 800 but I decided to have some embellishments added, plus a storage bag and they threw in extras too plus a discount off menswear and bridal acessories. The sales girls were all lovely and me and my mum both felt so relaxed and happy there after trying various shops in and around Manc, Hyde and Stockport.

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

Try Celebration village in Manchester - It is near Strangeways/Lightcraft at the end of Deansgate. They have every dress for every budget and the staff are all v.friendly! I went to Bride be lovely opposite the arndale and even though I had an appointment we looked round and sat there for 10-15 mins and the only time the staff acknolwdged us was when we decided to leave!

S

• S
    Beginner March 2012
    Sarah Anderson ·
    • Hide content

If you dont mind travelling out of the city centre, I can recommend The Confetti Box in Eccles, their made to order dresses can be quite pricey but they have several excellent sale rooms to look round also.

Sarah

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    shoosh ·
    • Hide content

Cheshire bridal in Altrincham is great too x

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Jdore in timperly are lovely

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Try Proposals in Swinton

• findthecolour
    Beginner June 2012
    findthecolour ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I'll give them all a go and let you know how I get on!

• foreverengaged
    Beginner February 2012
    foreverengaged ·
    • Hide content

Confetti Box in eccles were fab. i gave them my budget and they picked me a load of dresses out, plus always have offers on and sales etc. Really good service

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Try the bridal path in Altrincham

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

I have been to a few now and all have been lovely people!!

Hannah-Lois in Prestwich, so helpful and has a good selection of sizes

The Secret in Bury, Some amazing dresses!!

Bridal Couture Italia in Bolton. My sister bought her dress from the 13 years ago and they remember her and gave us all a huge hug and congratulations to me when I was introduced.

I have so far been to 7 shops and tried 24 dresses, loving the experience but thinking the dress isn't out there. Not stressing about it in the slightest, loving trying them all on but need to get a move on...... I will be watching this thread carefully!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going there on saturday to get my BM dresses. The ladies have been really helpful so far.

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

If you are able to travell about 12 miles out of the city centre, try Volare Weddings which is in Tyldesley http://www.volareweddings.co.uk/

They have a special offer on - any dress, tiara and veil for £599. Its where i got mine from. They were on the catwalk in at the last County Brides wedding fayre held at the Worsley Marriott.

• findthecolour
    Beginner June 2012
    findthecolour ·
    • Hide content

Just to say a huge thank you for this recommendation - I had paid the 50% deposit for THE dress within 50 mins of arriving at Confetti Box!

• foreverengaged
    Beginner February 2012
    foreverengaged ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay!! I was there getting my fitting the other day and once again they were outstanding, so friendly, just out you at ease

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exciting! Flash us your dress!! Smiley smile

• findthecolour
    Beginner June 2012
    findthecolour ·
    • Hide content

Can't do that! It's super top secret!! ? ?

• findthecolour
    Beginner June 2012
    findthecolour ·
    • Hide content

After shopping in a few stores I honestly didn't think I was a "The One" kind of girl, but it happened!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics