Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire

Dress sizes

Samantha, 10 of March of 2024 at 21:15 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 2
I have been measured up for my Stella York wedding dress 😊 I was warned wedding dress sizes don’t run same size as clothes - I am a 14 and my measurements say I need a size 18 ordering. It’s just a number not important. However makes me wonder when people sell dresses to you state your dress size of the designers?!

I have a friend looking for a pre loved dress and searching in her normal dress size should I be advising her otherwise ?

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 15 of April of 2024 at 00:00
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Hope you’re excited 😁

Dress sizes vary from designer to designer and where the key measurements are. I’m a size 8-10 and my wedding dress was a size 10 and only needed the straps shortening and the hem shortening. One of the smallest points on it was the waist point, but I’m a natural hourglass and my waist is the smallest point on me. If someone was a different shape or had a more average size than a size 10 waist it likely would have been too small.With your friend I’d likely advise her to try it on before she buys it and/or look for a bigger size. Its easier to take a wedding dress in that let it out.
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya!!

I think it’s completely normal. I’m between 12-14 and I fit in the shop dress in a size 10 (had been worn in multiple times), yet they still ordered me an 16. I just let them do what they want, they’re obviously pros in this sort of thing! It’s best to have too much material than not enough.
    If I was your friend, I’d look for a size above, just to allow for those alterations.. better to be bigger than smaller x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics