Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2023 Kent

Dress stain after dress fitting

Alice, 30 of August of 2023 at 15:53 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 2
I had my first dress fitting 4 weeks ago. During the appointment, I got a sharp injury from the pins on the dress . and have a small drop of blood on the dress right in the tummy area . The staff reassured me and said they will sort this out no problem.
During my last dress fitting, they said my dress was a sample dress and did not say anything about the stain and asked if I want my dress for dry cleaning. I did not remember the incidence regarding the blood. My bridesmaid then realized there’s a large stain (brown water stain) at the front of the dress. It is definitely shown under light, and can be seen. They said they will try cleaning it with water again. And if that is not sorted, I have to pay 95 pounds for dry cleaning.

Is this my fault to get blood on the dress? Or is this responsibility from the fitting shop. I am already paying 360 pounds for the dress fitting .

2 replies

Latest activity by Ann, 15 of November of 2023 at 09:50
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    The blood wasn't on the dress when you bought it so they can't say it's part of the "sold as seen" that you get with a sample dress. Their seamstress pricked you causing the bleed so I would think it's their responsibility to fix as they caused it. Ideally they should have noticed you bleeding into the dress during the fitting so the damage could be reduced.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The water stain is your responsibility to get fixed, since it was already on the sale sample when you purchased it, and sale samples are 'sold as seen'. The blood stain is their responsibility to fix, since it was damage caused by them after you bought the dress and was due to their negligence.

They may argue that the bloodstain only needs spot cleaning and that you should pay for the more expensive cleaning of the water mark. However, since they pinned the dress carelessly enough that you were actually injured by it, resulting in the bleeding, I would argue that they should pay for the entire cleaning costs by way of apology. It's not normal for people to be stabbed by pins during their dress fitting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics