Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Dress still hasn't arrived :(

2 of April of 2014 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hiya I'm sorry to have a moan on hear but everyone I talk to seems to have different opinions so I thought I'd see what you thought on here. I get married on 12th July 2014 and I ordered my dress last July (I was trying to be organised) however it still hasn't arrived. When I first ordered my dress I was told it would take about 6 months to come in which would have been January. So I waited the whole of January and then rang at the end of the month and was told that as my wedding isn't until July my dress wouldn't be in until March..I was disappointed but thought fair enough. So then March came and I started to get all excited again but still didn't receive the "call". I rang the shop at the weekend and I was told by the manager that my dress won't be in yet as I don't get married until July. She explained that she doesn't like to have too many dresses to store in the shop and orders them and puts them on "stand by" until closer to the wedding. She said she had just had the June dresses delivered and that she would work through them and then start on the July brides. I do understand what she is saying but I am a bit disappointed that I wasn't told that this would be the case when I ordered the dress and again when I spoke to them in Jan. My OH thinks something fishy is going on and my mom keeps telling me not to worry. I only ordered my dress so far in advance because I didn't want to be stressed but now I'm stressed anyway.

I'm really sorry for the long post xx

7 replies

Latest activity by blueypye, 3 of April of 2014 at 09:30
  • MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I would be having a massive strop right about now if I were you. They should never have said the dress would be in in January if they weren't planning on getting it in until April.

I think if it was me, I would tell them that I wanted my dress within the next 2 weeks, and if it wasn't there, then they would need to give me a full refund. Saying that, come back to me in July when my dress is due in! I am sure that I will make excuse after excuse if mine is late because I am in love with my dress and wouldn't want to change it no matter what!

I hope it gets sorted out soon x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I think you're right to be upset and cross. You've been strung along when if you'd been told it would be April you'd be quite happy. I doubt anything fishy is going on. The norm is for about 12 weeks before. Mine's coming in January for my early April wedding. I would have to say that they've caused you upset and worry by not giving you a consistent story though.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I would be extremely peeved.

I ordered my dress in June for our March wedding. They told me 6 months but it came in at end of October. I tried it on and they altered and kept it for me until I was ready to collect it 2 weeks before the wedding.

I can understand that they don't want all the dresses in store if they don't have much storage, but surely if they keep it somewhere on stand by they could at least bring it in for you to try on and then send it back to wherever they store them?

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

I have to agree, sounds quite odd. Surely all shops want to provide the best customer service they possibly can? At the end of the day, you're the customer, if you call up again and she gives you another odd excuse don't take no for answer. May I ask where you ordered your dress from?

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to disagree with the rest, but I really wouldn't worry about this. I'm exactly the same as you - I'm getting married the day before you, ordered my dress last June, was told that it would take around eight months to make and arrive in the shop - but February came and went an no phone call. I then rang up in March, to be told that it would be in by the end of April. However on Saturday, I got the call that it had arrived!!

So basically, I don't think that the shop is trying to 'do you over' - imagine if they did have to store every dress for three to four months each - they'd have no room for anything else!!

The phone call could happen at any moment, don't worry!!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics