Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2011

Dress STILL hasn't come with 9 weeks to go!!

Aleox, 3 May, 2011 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0 8

As the title says, I am still waiting for my wedding dress to arrive...with less than 9 weeks to go ? I ordered it back in September last year and was told it'd be in the shop around March/April...however no sign of it Smiley sad I rang my dress shop last week and they said that Mori Lee (my dress) and a few other designers had been uber busy and were sending the dresses out by date of wedding rather than when it was ordered. They said it'd be in May but that's a whole month of stressing *sigh*. I wouldn't be so worried but I can't order my veil until my dress comes in because they haven't got a sample of the dress in the shop and I didn't realise but veils come in about 20 shades of white so I need to wait until my dress arrives so I can match it! Does anyone know how long veils take to arrive?!?

Is anyone else still waiting for their dress with 9 weeks to go Smiley sad I never thought It'd take this long ... I want it to arrive it doesn't feel 'real' without my dress and I'm stressed it's got lost or forgotten to be ordered and I'll be walking down the aisle in my birthday suit! Lol

x

8 replies

Latest activity by Aleox, 3 May, 2011 at 20:21
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I know it's difficult but try not to stress. I only saw my dress for the first time 4 weeks ago and in that time it has been completely remade! A decent seamstress can make any issues disappear. Veils ought not take too long. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and is in the shop waiting for my final fitting tomorrow.

• Lauren25
    Beginner July 2011
    Lauren25 ·
    • Hide content

If its any help-mine hasnt come in yet either.. Mine is by Mark Lesley (they did say May when I ordered in Sept also)

I will ring dress shop Monday, let the bank holiday dust settle.

It will be fine thou dont worry x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I was lucky, I guess. I had the opposite problem. Ordered on 11th December and was told it will be end of April, beginning of May - yet it arrived at the end of March and my mum was totally unprepared yet, as she's paying for the dress... She hadn't managed to save all the money for it so had to take a small loan! Mine is a Ronald Joyce.

Sorry I know I am not much help but could you check your contract (if you have one) - as on mine it set out exactly what would happen if the dress was late etc... When i paid my 50% deposit in December they gave me a "contract2, well, more Terms and Conditions and said they are obliged to do all they could to get me the dress if by any chance it was late. It may be that some designers are busier than others... Just wish you good luck and hope it comes soon!

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

I got the call to say my dress was in the shop a mere 10 day before the wedding... and I wasn't able to get through to collects it until 5 days later!! My whole family (well the female ones lol) have since admitted that they were all terrified it wouldn't be ready in time/would need too many alterations etc. Just me that doesn't panic it seems, maybe I'm adopted?

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

Your my date twin ?

TBH i wasn't expecting mine till the end of this month as they said May but i've just had the call today!!!

I wouldn't worry yet, i wasn't worrying knowing it was going to be the end of May so its come as quite a suprise!! x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

CRIKEYS CB!! your weddings suddenly come around quick, its this weekend!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Shhhhhhh, Flow!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Shhhhhhh, Flow!

• A
    Beginner July 2011
    Aleox ·
    • Hide content

Yay a date twin! ? I emailed the shop about my veil and they said they can get them in a week so I'm not too stressed now, especially seeing alot of people are still waiting on their dresses...wish it'd hurry up so I can see it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics