Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871
Beginner July 2021

Dress too small at second fitting!

RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871, 1 of July of 2021 at 13:45 Posted on Planning 0 3
I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance at this point but I had my second fitting on Monday and the seamstress couldn't do the zip up at the top! She wouldn't let me see but said it was about 0.5 inch from closing. I just don't get it because she only took my measurements two weeks ago to take it in, there is no way I can have gained enough weight for it not to fit in that time, particularly because I'm still dieting and training 3 x a week. Its just made me feel really awful about myself and the dress. I'm getting married it just over two weeks so not like I have loads of time to get smaller!

Also it's super tight and I'm worried about spending the whole day in it, particularly as now I'll have to be sitting most of the day due to covid restrictions. She says it has to be really tight as its strapless and that it will loosen up during the day, is anyone else worried about this?
Just last think I needed on top of having to deal with the covid restrictions!

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871, 3 of July of 2021 at 08:52
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    This is actually my worst nightmare- I have my final fitting 3 days before my wedding so I’d actually be screwed if this happens (I get married next week Saturday). This has been a recurring nightmare the past few days. Like you I’m exercising and eating well and according to everyone around me I’m still losing weight but I won’t feel comfortable until I’m wearing my dress down the aisle.

However for you, you say you are exercising regularly so potentially the seamstress took your dress in in anticipation of your weight loss 🤷🏾‍♀️. I wouldn’t worry but I would ask her to confirm the measurements she has so that you know what you are working towards or failing that if it feels a mountain to climb you could ask her to loosen it to a point you feel comfortable.I’ve never heard of dresses loosening through the day especially when you spend said day eating or drinking…. But I’m an accountant not a seamstress. Good luck x
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Do you think you may be muscular across you back from working out ? I was too big for my bridesmaid dress once and had to have a small panel put in, you couldn’t even see it. The seamstress will be able to let it out or do something similar so don’t panic x
  • RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871
    Beginner July 2021
    RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871 ·
    • Hide content
    It's possible I suppose but it was only two weeks between fittings, i dont see that I could have gained much muscle in that time

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics