Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2012

Dress worries ;( belt? sweetheart neckline?

lucindaveronique, 22 of July of 2012 at 22:14 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hiya

I bought my dress in a sample sale back in January. I love it, its a very simple style but now I'm thinking it might be too simple and I'm tempted to change it to a sweetheart neckline and may be adding a belt like one of these

12 replies

Latest activity by lucindaveronique, 26 of July of 2012 at 08:09
  • samwiches
    Beginner August 2013
    samwiches ·
    • Hide content

I think changing to the sweetheart neckline would look lovely, but agree that the belt would look odd with the laced back. It's a gorgeous dress! ?

• mandij87
    Beginner August 2012
    mandij87 ·
    • Hide content

I think that dress is gorgeous! Like the idea of the neckline but like others said, Im not sure a belt would work with the back of the dress.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Typed out a reply this morning early then lost it grr, and it's been manic since.

So..

I don't think the belt would work if you intended to tie it on as it would spoil the back tbh. Here is the one you enquired about, it comes in white , ivory or black and can be tied on or stiched on. I am not sure though if you like the simplicity of the dress that it wouldn't spoil that.

This is the hair flower you liked it is on a crocodile clip and is 4.5" x 3.5" and I don't know what the material is but it isn't shiny like the belt flowers

personally if you want to add some bling I would leave the belt and go for more sparkle in the hair, something like these

hope that helps

Carol

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Like others have said, I don't think a belt would work with your dress but I think a sweetheart necklace would look beautiful.

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

Belts can sometimes work with a corset back, depending on what you do with the lacing on the dress. The following 2 pics are both Mori Lee Juiette dresses, one has a plain belt that has been stitched in place either side of the corset back. The other is a very long tailed belt that has been tied over the top of the corset back. Both look lovely and belts really can transform the look of a dress

• T
    Beginner January 2015
    tracy P ·
    • Hide content

I think the dress is very elegant, a sweetheart neckline would suit the dress and may sofen the front, but I was thinking that you could change the lacing at the back with coloured ribbon to match your theme. It woould add some interest without detracting from the elegance of the dress.

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content

A sweetheart neckline would suit the dress more I think asit has a slightly vintage look to it. If you have a belt it breaks the slim line of the column dress, belts suit a-line dresses better. You could wear a cuff which would add interest to the same area of the dress but wouldn't break the line. I also think a fingertip veil over a lovely side tiara would be perfect. You can make the side tiara really blingy/intricate which would look wonderful for the reception once the veil is off and the veil would go perfectly with the slim, subtle dress. You could add a few crystals to catch the light.

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.libertyinlove.co.uk/wedding-tiaras-hair-accessories/side-tiaras/jasmine-bridal-headband.html

http://www.libertyinlove.co.uk/wedding-tiaras-hair-accessories/side-tiaras/porcelaine-vintage-lace-bridal-headband.html

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

How is your sewing Smiley winking there are some beautiful rhinestone appliqués that you would be able to sew around the waist so as not to ruin the back detailing.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/104086600/hand-made-embroidered-rhinestones?ref=sr_gallery_23&ga_search_query=Rhinestone+appliqué&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=Rhinestone+appliqué

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    lucindaveronique ·
    • Hide content

Hello All,

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I've made my mind up and definately going to speak to seamstress when I have my alterations to see if the sweetheart neckline is doable!

I don't think I'm going to bother with a belt as lots of you have said it might detract from the corsetting at the back!!

The comb is lovely, I'm going to email this to my hairdresser and see if this can be done with my hairstyle.

Thank you again ladies xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics