Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious November 2024 Hawke's Bay

Dress - Yes or No

Catherine, 16 January, 2024 at 02:06 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 9
What do you think of this dress? A layer of sparkle material would be added under the top layer (last photo).

Dress - Yes or No 1
Dress - Yes or No 2
Dress - Yes or No 3
Dress - Yes or No 4
Dress - Yes or No 5
Dress - Yes or No 6
Dress - Yes or No 7
Dress - Yes or No 8
Dress - Yes or No 9

9 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 19 January, 2024 at 23:25
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    It’s lovely, but most importantly how do you feel in it? Does it feel right?
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's beautiful, but as Lisa says, how do you feel about it? Asking for opinions on a wedding forum makes me wonder if you are unsure how you feel about it. And if you're not sure, then it doesn't matter if everyone here loves it, it's still not your dress. We're not wearing it, you are, so you are the one who needs to be 100% enthusiastic about it!

• I
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi girl,

Firstly,

How do you feel in it? Did you feel like that is the one or you are hesitant?

Here to give my most honest opinion....

It is a nice dress (not my style but I understand that it can be yours), so please do not get me wrong! However, I feel like it is not complimenting you and your body properly. (no clue what your body shape is either but yeah) I do know that it will be alternated and all but i'm not too sure it is the right dress. Have you tried any other ones and other styles too? I would definitely recommend trying on as many different styles as possible to find the right one.

• I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see you are in a rush to find a dress. Congrats on the pregnancy! Smiley shame

If you are totally convinced on the dress, then go for it and spend the money. But just because you are in a rush I wouldn't recommend spending that much (especially if it is over you budget), because you think you are out of options, you might regret it later. I would say maybe go back if possible and try more dresses before you make your decision.

Do they have any sale samples available soon?

If the 3rd store has a website you can check out what they have available before booking with them, might be worth it to pay the $50, as you can end up finding a better dress.

Did you find anything good in the 1st one?

• C
    Catherine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The 3rd store has a website but you can't veiw dresses or any accessories.

I only found 2 dresses that I liked from the first store but they would have needed so many alterations in order for me to feel comfortable wearing them. They wouldn't allow photos of me in them to be taken and I had to refer back to their website to relook at them.
    Dress - Yes or No 10Dress - Yes or No 11
    Dress - Yes or No 12Dress - Yes or No 13

• C
    Catherine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the back and if it has the sparkle layer then it'll be more the one. It's just the waist at the front that looks a bit odd, not sure if it's the dress or just me (needed a 2nd opinion).
  • I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a shame the 3rd store does not allow for any dresses to seen online and they ask you to pay for an appointment, how are you supposed to know if they have something you like before you book, very odd.

In regards to the dresses from the first store, I love the first one you sent (Arden). Not sure how you feel about it and what alterations you want to add.

Depending on what you would like added to it, lets say sleeves you can always try and find something on Etsy they do detachable sleeves and all, you can definitely have a look, can be cheaper than alterations. If you want more sparkle added have you considered a long glittered wedding veil? I do believe they have them on Etsy or even Amazon, can be very cheap. Presuming it is even cheaper than adding another layer to the dress (as you have mentioned sparkle layer on top a few times now, it is definitely something you want). It is a good compromise if you are on a budget but still want alterations done. I know they can add up and make the cost of the dress even more.

The second one, reminds me of the very first dress you showed us that you were unsure about so not too sure about it.

Are they within budget with alterations or are they both over budget again?

Honestly at the end of the day, it is about the dress that makes you feel the best, no matter anyone's opinion. You can always ask the people who were with you when you were trying them on about what they think. But at the end of the day, choose the dress that you know you will not regret purchasing when you look back at your wedding day.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If it's just the fit of the waist that's bothering you, don't forget that it can be altered to fit you better - and if you're expecting, you're going to be a different shape than usual, which is going to increase the feeling of oddness as you're probably still adjusting to your changing body. If baby is due 5 months before the wedding, you'll have plenty of time to have the dress altered to fit 'post baby' you once he/she arrives.

The only potential issue is that I've heard some women say their body shape changes so much post-baby that they prefer a different dress style after than they did before. But the A-line is a classic silhouette that tends to suit all figures, so even if you end up with a very different body shape, this dress should still look good on you.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    Looks lovely 😍 hope you feel lovely in it. Trust how you feel about it!♡

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics