Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner November 2024 Lothian & Borders

Dressmaker issues

Eliza, 21 of August of 2024 at 07:16 Posted on Planning 0
Hi everyone
I’m just looking for a bit of advice, please.
I have a dressmaker making my wedding dress. I contacted her in February this year initially to talk through the design and travelled to her studio an hour away to look at fabrics etc. she was very enthusiastic and responded to my questions via WhatsApp. I asked about the process for having the dress made and she explained that id go there four times ( once to be measured and twice for mock ups and a final fitting). I agreed to her ts&cs and have paid for the dress on a monthly basis ( we are talking 2,800 here). However, I’d not had contact so contacted in May to ask about getting measured in June. When I went to get measured she told me ‘ wedding season is in full swing, it’s crazy busy’ ( if I had a penny…) . She said she’d get in contact about dates for the next three meetings. The wedding is 11 weeks away. I have contacted her twice over the last 2 weeks to ask if we can pencil in dates for me to come to the studio for these appointments. She has ‘ promised I’ll get back to you ASAP’ but has not. I explained that I am working full time and have a one year old.. not to mention lots of other wedding related appointments to plan and really need some idea of dates as she doesn’t work weekends and I’d need to book time off work. I feel like I am being fobbed off and not knowing is making me anxious. I’m tired of hearing ‘ it’s wedding season’- I have paid a lot of money for this dress and although suppliers have to prioritise based on wedding dates, surely they understand the planning that is involved in a wedding. I don’t really feel like I’m a valued customer and I’m unsure of where to go next with this.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions as to how I might handle this ?Thank you in advance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics