Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharding2014
Beginner October 2014

Dried Petal Confetti - Cost.

kharding2014, 20 of July of 2014 at 17:42 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

Sorry I've not posted in a while. Work has been really busy and wedding planning has had to take a back seat but with just over 2 months to go I should really get back on it.

I was going to go with some cheap paper confetti that I got off of ebay for £15 but have been looking at 'confetti shots' in wedding albums and think I'd really like some taken. I think that natural dried petal confetti would look best but it seems to be really expensive! Does anyone know where I can get some from thats not going to blow the budget?

I have 4 guests and so think I need somewhere between 4-8 litres. So far its looking at £50+

x

5 replies

Latest activity by Trish2014, 20 of July of 2014 at 22:19
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Shropshire petals, for 50 guests we got 3 litres, they say 1 litre per 10 people, and not everyone will want to throw it - usually just women. I think we paid £33

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

PS .. I have also not been around for a while, but welcome back Smiley smile

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Ask family and friends to give you any flowers they have and dry them out yourself Smiley smile or buy really cheap bunches and do it that way! X

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You can easily do this yourself! I didn't realise it was so expensive... I might start producing it to sell!

All you need is rose bushes you can harvest for their flowers - pull the petals off - leave to dry somewhere warm. Some of the weddings I photograph even have fresh flower petals for confetti. That is an option for you if you have a summer wedding.

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My dad's garden is full of roses- I'd love to make confetti out of the petals! Do you literally just shove them in the airing cupboard/conservatory to dry out? How long until they start to rot? (my wedding is still 4 months away!)

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

We used Shropshire petals as well but didn't need as much as they recommend. We had 27 cones and only used about 1 1/2 litres of the natural petal confetti.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics