Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2025 Norfolk

Drinking situation!

Terri, 27 of October of 2023 at 22:00 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2

Hey guys!

I will be paying corkage for a few bottles of wine and champagne for my wedding..Putting some money behind the bar for beer/cider..
I don't know if it's rude to ask the guests to "go dutch" at the bar??. I was thinking doing an open bar 8pm-9pm but other than that ask the guests to pay once everything has ran out. Is this rude to do? I feel its rude but then I'm sure not everyone has open bars and surely it's not expected? Lol xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Liarna, 3 of November of 2023 at 19:43
  • T
    Beginner May 2025 Norfolk
    Terri ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you hun, I like the idea of soft drink tab xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We gave a coupon on the place setting from beach guestbsayng first drink is on us. We provide wine on tables, welcome drink and champagne for toasting as well.

The coupons were valid for a drink up to £7, so covered a pint or spirit and mixer at our venue, this allowed us to control the spend but make sure everyone had a drink.
    Our venue said they have done an hour open bar for weddings but they see people taking the Mick so they suggested the coupons to stop the cost spirilling out of control
    On honesty, no one expects open bar these days, I think providing table wine, toast drinks and welcome during is more than generous and is the norm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics