Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sophie
Beginner September 2024 Cheshire

Drinks Package

Sophie, 2 of July of 2024 at 14:48 Posted on Planning 0 2
Some wedding bar advice please 🥂

We are getting married in Italy and have been given 2 options by our wedding planner for the drinks/bar package.
Option 1 - £75 pp for a 2 hour open bar, where they will serve all drinks including cocktails and hard liquor.
Option 2 - Offer just wine, beer & choice of cocktails and pay on consumption. (Wine is £50 per bottle, £15 beer & £25 for cocktails).
There is no cashier so we have to pay and have not got the option to let guests pay.
I know the drinks are expensive, our fault for booking a 5 start hotel 🙈.
Anyway I can't figure out which will be the better and less expensive option for 32 guests????
Any advice welcomed!

2 replies

Latest activity by Yohanna, 4 of July of 2024 at 15:26
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You need to look at your guest list. If most of your guests either don't drink or drink only moderately, then you'll be better off paying per bottle/drink. But if you have guests who are likely to treat an open bar as an incentive to drink as much as possible, then the £75pp would be your better option.

For example, I went to a friend's wedding where each table of six was provided with two bottles of wine - you then bought anything you wanted on top of that. We didn't even make it through one bottle, since we had two non-drinkers and the other four only had a small glass each. But another table got through theirs and then went round taking the unused bottles off every other table. By the end of the meal, they'd got through two bottles each.

So if all your guests were like our table, you'd have been paying £50 per six guests if you paid per drink or £450 for the free bar. But if all your guests were like those on the other table, then the cost would have been £600 for six guests if paying per drink or £450 for the free bar! It really is a case of 'know your crowd'.

• Y
    Beginner August 2024 Louisiana
    Yohanna ·
    • Hide content

Struggling with my essay, I decided to hire an essay writer https://domyessay.com/essay-writers-for-hire . It was a game-changer! Their professional writer not only delivered a high-quality essay but also provided valuable insights that enhanced my understanding of the topic. With their expertise, I aced my assignment and gained newfound confidence in my writing skills.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics