Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Savvy May 2022 Lancashire

Drinks reception- entertainment for kids

Jodie, 16 of May of 2021 at 14:58 Posted on Planning 0 7
I have been thinking about entertainment for the children during the drinks reception, I was going to contact a magician but my fear is that the children get fed up. So I'm thinking of setting a children's table up with colouring books, pencils, stickers etc. Board games and outside games if weather is nice. What do people think to this idea? And has anyone got any other ideas I could consider. They are 9 children up to the age of 12!

7 replies

Latest activity by Jodie, 20 of May of 2021 at 15:53
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    Where would I hire them from?
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Asda, Aldi and b&m had giant outdoor games like jenga, hoop toss etc. That would be quite cool outside.

A table inside with colouring etc is a good shout too. Our venue has outdoor and indoor activities which you can hire including a bouncy castle and a sand table (basically a tuff tray filled with sand). I’m doing a treasure hunt kind of thing for our wedding breakfast. I’m hiding chocolate coins around the room and then the kids can find them and also they have a bingo style card with pictures of items they need to find in the room. Hopefully that lets them run around but keeps them occupied during the speeches etc. I’m also giving all the children a disposable camera each and their job is to get photos (I’m either going to end up loads of thumb shots or some cracking shots)
    From taking my daughters to weddings over the years I always take an iPad and a few toys myself, but found they were more interested in dancing and the lights. Though the eldest seems to like propping up the bar and would sit on a bar stall asking everyone to buy her ice cream and drinks 😂 she was 4 and so high on fruit shoots that night.
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww bless her, I can imagine my 2 year old doing that 😂 when are you getting married? We are getting married 20th may next year so at the moment it's the only thing I can look forward to due to covid!
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She’ll be working through the mock tail menu 😂
    We’re getting married 22nd august this year. I’m the same I can’t think of anything else and so looking forward to the actual day. Though already worrying what do I do with myself once it’s over! 🙊
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's just so worrying with this Indian varient. But I think we are just going to have to live with it. Hopefully everything goes okay for you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics