Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2015

drinks reception (music)

conway13, 20 of April of 2015 at 15:02 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone.

I would just like to know what is everyone having music wise for your drinks reception. Are you hiring someone to play some music or are you having a cd. Thanks.

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 20 of April of 2015 at 20:00
  • Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

It was suggested to me that there shouldn't be music during a drinks reception for the sake of it (unless you have live musicians who were there playing during your ceremony also beforehand).

The reasons were that it's the time family/friends will be catching up and particularly for elderly guests it can be quite difficult to get involved in conversations with music playing in the background too, everything is a bit louder. It would also need to be music that appealed to a wide range of people.

Personally, I thought music makes a lovely atmosphere so I was surprised to be told the above, and I'm still unsure of what we will do.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

The last few weddings we have been to have had music on in the background. It was only on quietly to give a nice atmosphere and we could all easily still talk to each other. Vitamin string quartet is quite popular at weddings. They do classical covers of popular songs.

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    conway13 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with you cache. I love a bit of soft subtle music even just for an atmosphere.

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    conway13 ·
    • Hide content

I will do some research in all avenues to see what best suited.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We are having an Ipod playing just as background music x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics