Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2015

Drinks Token as a Favour *flash*

*Mrs*T*to*Be, 4 of August of 2014 at 13:37 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

We would have liked to put some money behind the bar (this came at the beginning of the wedding planning before we realised how much everything else would cost - ignorance is a wonderful thing lol) The most we could stretch to is one drink per person, and our venue suggested giving drinks tokens as it would work out fairer.

Do you think it would be ok to give the tokens out in place of a favour? I've seen these which I like, but I'm not sure how I would display them on the tables?

Any opinions / suggestions? Please be honest Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by lottie.f, 4 of August of 2014 at 20:58
  • cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I assume you would give each person their drink token rather than just leave a roll on the table? If you were to do that you could buy or make little cards which say cheers from x and X on the front. Their name on the front could then act as a place setting. I don't like the raffle ticket ones though as they do look a bit cheap so I would probably go with doing my own in the wedding stationary theme.

But you asked for honesty - and tbh if it were me - one drink each is not really worth it. We wouldn't afford more than one drink each so we have not gone down that route. How much per drink were you allowing - could you have bought everyone a bottle of wine as a favour instead (depends on venue corkage fee - I know some people are giving wine as favours and asking people not to open them at the venue). Or have alcoholic miniatures as favours?

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

I think a drinks voucher is lovely, and to be honest I haven't had free evening drinks at any of the weddings I've been to for ages so a free drink would be most appreciated and a really kind gesture. And would act as a brilliant favour.

I have got lottery scratchcards for mine, and have put them into little black envelopes, and written the person's name on the front - this doubles up as their place setting. You could do the same with mini envelopes. I did a quick google search and you can get A7 envelopes which are little, but would be big enough to write a name on. I reckon you could pick up a colour to go with your colour scheme on eBay or somewhere for not too much.

Beginner March 2015
    *Mrs*T*to*Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, that's a good point. I make my own wine and sloe gin so I could do the miniatures quite cheaply and our venue doesn't charge corkage. I'll have a word with the OH tonight.

Thanks for the flashes Smiley smile

Beginner March 2015
    *Mrs*T*to*Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you.

I have some small envelopes left from Hobby Craft from my STD so if I do decide to go with the voucher.

Thanks for the replies, I've got loads of ideas now

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding on Saturday where there was money behind the bar, you really didn't have a second thought after hearing you didn't have to pay for the first drink (although it was appreciated, that momentary thought probably wasn't worth what it cost the couple!). A token would make it feel much more like a nice gesture!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics