Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Dry eye advice

7 of February of 2014 at 19:04 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

Hi

I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice.

Ive been suffering with dry eyes for nearly a year now. I used to wear contact lenses and now can only tolerate them for an hour or so. My eyes are still sore when I wear my glasses.

I've been to the doctors and two different opticians. All they can suggest is Blink eye drops.

The only other suggestion I've been given is to have my eyes plugged?

Its really getting me down, I hate wearing glasses.

Can anyone suggest anything that might help?

Thank you in advance.

8 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 7 of February of 2014 at 22:16
  • Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Your GP should be able to prescribe you some decent eye drops that well help. Nasty thing to have to deal with, hope it gets sorted.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Sorry - just seen that you have been to the Drs, you need to persevere. My mother had a problem with dry eyes and she had prescription eye drops (looked like cement, but did the trick!)

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

My H suffers from this too and can no longer wear lenses either. The consultant that he went to see was trying to convince him that he looked really good in glasses but he didn't buy it!

He has giant papillary conjunctivitis and the only advice he was given was to use Opticrom eyedrops, to get a humidifier for our bedroom (which we never have) and to rub water onto his eyelids before he opened his eyes! He is convinced that his GPC is caused by our cat and it does tie in with when he moved in with me but he's never been allergy tested.

He hates wearing glasses to so I can sympathise with your situation. What does having your eyes plugged mean? That sounds scary!

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I've never heard of that. Good luck - I hope that you can get somewhere with the doctor or optician. If you do find a solution, please come tell me!!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I ended up going to A&E and being sent to out local eye hospital when my eye became swollen.

I was diagnosed with severe dry eye syndrome and now have to use eye drop 4 times a day for life. I was prescribed Hylo-Forte eye drops.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I ended up going to A&E and being sent to out local eye hospital when my eye became swollen.

I was diagnosed with severe dry eye syndrome and now have to use eye drop 4 times a day for life. I was prescribed Hylo-Forte eye drops.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics