Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner January 2011

Dry Hire and Self Cater venues in Yorkshire!

Dadio77, 16 July, 2012 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any venues in Yorkshire that allow private catering and drinks - effectively just a nice venue! Even though some venues have ticked the boxes in the venue search, when I call, none are willing to offer this service.

I know it meane less revenue for these places, but this is a late notice (for a wedding in Jan 13), so I was hoping I could find a few!

Many thanks in advance...

3 replies

Latest activity by BatsGirl, 17 July, 2012 at 22:17
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to Hitched! I think your best bet might be village halls, community centres and the like. If it was a summer wedding, you could go for a marquee but in January, this might be a bit chilly! Whereabouts in Yorkshire were you thinking of?

• D
    Beginner January 2011
    Dadio77 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, it looks that way! We are in Barnsley, but would consider as far North as Leeds City Centre and South to the Midlands...

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Just had another thought.. I've done a couple of weddings in Masonic Halls where they had mobile bars and outside caterers. Don't think you have to be connected to the Masons to hire them but worth a shot! Another idea would be to try your local council. Some Town Halls allow outside caterers/bars in too.

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, have a look at York Maze, looks fantastic

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics